Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will pay you $1000, less the cost of a couple chainsaws, a truck, a trailer, and hourly wages for a couple guys to come do the work. If you'd like, I can also add the cost of insurance in case the guys drop the valuable walnut into your valuable living room.

You may want to consider just dropping the vauable walnut into your living room yourself. It would save time and money, and you could invite visitors to sit in the sun, proudly astride the magnificent valuable walnut, with the wind blowing in their hair, as you proudly serve them a valuable Coors Light....
Something tells me you’re not in on the joke. It’s all right, just search YouTube for a highly available black walnut tree and you’ll see a fun little video. I don’t know if you were in on the threads about black walnut. must’ve been a few years ago. And you can keep your Coors light

1631485580501.png

Gotta love the pricing - by the piece!!

The first line comes to 50 cents / piece.
The second line comes to 40 cents / piece.
The third line comes to 40 cents / piece.
The fourth line comes to 40 cents / piece.

I wonder if he thinks he's fooling anyone? But then again, as stupid as people are these days, they probably think it's more economical to buy 150 pieces than 50 pieces.

Gotta love the pricing - by the piece!!
Several decades back we had peacocks (and pea hens) on the farm, so feathers were easy to come by. We learned from a friend that our daughter was selling them at school (second or third grade?). Her price?--10 cents each, two for a quarter. Carmen called us up to say that her son had bought 2 for a quarter.

View attachment 929220

"its dried for a few months."

"Great wood, similar to oak."

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

don't laugh, but that's the type of tree I would go for. If it's down and I can drive my pickup close to it. I like hackberry; burns hot. But I have so much of it now and it doesn't weather very good. Only a couple of years then it gets punky.

what is hackberry? hardwood? trash? we do not have it down here!

It’s not bad. Not huge in BTU’s, but it burns well. Similar to soft maple.

don't laugh, but that's the type of tree I would go for. If it's down and I can drive my pickup close to it. I like hackberry; burns hot. But I have so much of it now and it doesn't weather very good. Only a couple of years then it gets punky.

I would go for it as well if I didn’t have an abundance of better wood to burn.
I was laughing at his comments about it.

I’ve had to cut some of those up. I get a lot of wood for free from tree companies and I get what they bring. There’s a lot of noodling to do but the wood burns hot.That being said I avoid it any time I can.
That's when the 20 lb sledge comes out and a half dozen steel wedges.

Back