Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seven of the ten oaks were rotten beyond burning. He was convinced that day the oaks were worth the work for the firewood. :dizzy:

AV, not callin ya out, but I've yet to see a standing oak that was rotted to the point of not worth burning. Heck, most down and rotten looking oaks are only bad a couple inches in.

Carry on with the laughs, I'm just being obstinate tonight...

Here's a good one. I gave this guy an estimate last winter to take down these trees and either take the firewood or push it in a pile on his place and he'd burn it. Priced it at 2,500 bucks to take down 10 oaks and two pines. One oak was leaning over his barn. I guess he paid someone to drop the trees and now wants to get paid to have his yard cleaned up. There will be some pissed off firewood cutters. Seven of the ten oaks were rotten beyond burning. He was convinced that day the oaks were worth the work for the firewood. :dizzy:[/QUOTE]

You should show up and give him a quote to complete the job, just to get a laugh.:hmm3grin2orange:

Philly Craigslist

Oak Firewood!!! - $125 (Warrington,pa)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-11-23, 2:42PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

99% all oak firewood. Has just been split and seasoned about a year. I sell full cords for $210 picked up and $125 picked up, can deliver for a small fee. Email me if interested

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

:hmm3grin2orange:

So my question is, which is it? $210 picked up or $125 picked up? Do I get to choose? And, how is it seasoned a year if it was just split?

-

:hmm3grin2orange:

So my question is, which is it? $210 picked up or $125 picked up? Do I get to choose? And, how is it seasoned a year if it was just split?

Guy at work sells it like this. He gets log length deliveries and lets it sit that way for a year, then the next year sells it as seasoned a year. To be fair, most of it was standing dead due to oak wilt, but still.

AV, not callin ya out, but I've yet to see a standing oak that was rotted to the point of not worth burning. Heck, most down and rotten looking oaks are only bad a couple inches in.

Carry on with the laughs, I'm just being obstinate tonight...

They looked like they'd fall any day. If they fell over they'd explode. Wasn't much left of them at all. The tops were already gone. Must be the high humidity around here. I've dropped trees before and ended up leaving them in the woods becuase most of the tree was junk.

I used to live in town and have a outdoor wood stove so I got alot of people stopping by asking me to cut down there trees, but none ever wanted to pay anyone to cut them down always wanted it for free. One day a my neighbor lady across the street stops by an asks if I want any free firewood. I say yes and stop by her house only to find out that the firewood is an old poplar tree, about 20 inches in diameter leaning over the back of her house. The base of the tree was rotten. I gave her a # to a tree service, she wanted nothing to do with paying to have it taken down.

Just cause I burn firewood, don't mean I burn anything and it don't mean I have insurance to take down leaning trees in town!

"I didn't know about this..."

He didn't know about "this". He didn't know about THIS????

Free firewood! (Arlington)
Date: 2010-11-21, 11:00PM EST

Free firewood, you just pick up and carry yourself. Take as much as you want. A lot of big heavy cuts as well as smaller ones. Some of the larger pieces will need to be cut so you should have means to cut them like a chainsawa or a splitter. Should have big truck. Trying to get rid of ASAP. Will be available after 2pm today. First come first serve.

FYI, the wood is not seasoned as it was just cut over the weekend. If you don't know what that means you can read up about it here.
http://www.mastersweep.com/wood.htm

I didn't know about this either until another person asked about it. So if you still want some it'll be available today after 2pm. There are a lot of people interested so it's first come first serve. The wood is located in North Arlington VA.

Thanks.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

:dizzy:

Walnut tree *free*

WALNUT TREE *FREE* (Johnson City, TN)

Date: 2010-11-28, 4:48PM EST

Take down this huge Walnut tree, haul the trunk off (the part that is worth the money), sell it to a nearby mill, and YOU CAN POCKET THE MONEY for Christmas!

The tree is probably 80 years of age or older.

Located in the Tree Streets area.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2083984028

His cord!!!

Cords of Seasoned Oak and Hardwood Mix Firewood - $120 (Sinking Spring )

Date: 2010-11-29, 5:04PM EST

I have several cords of dry, seasoned firewood for sale at my Sinking Spring address. These are for pick up only. Wood is a lot of Oak and other hardwoods, there is no Pine or other "junk" wood. The logs range from about 15"-20" long, and are split and quartered. My cord measure an 8 foot long stack, by four feet high, by the depth of two logs (about 3 feet.) Wood is covered and raised from the ground. Please respond via email, or call , with a few dates and times that are good for you to come out and pick up. I will help you load up your vehicle.

Thank You for looking!

Matt 610 451 5464

FYI, the wood is not seasoned as it was just cut over the weekend. If you don't know what that means you can read up about it here.
http://www.mastersweep.com/wood.htm

I didn't know about this either until another person asked about it.

I couldn't decide between "Great minds think alike" and "Craigslist - it educates as well as informs"

We have a firewood seller down here who insists that 2 ricks= 1 cord. Many posts have tried to correct him, but he persists. Now he gets flagged within minutes of posting. The funny thing is that he is only charging for 2 ricks anyway, so there's he's not profiting from his ignorance.

I need to laugh at myself right now for what I posted a couple days ago on cl. It went something like this.

"Due to the financial crunch of the holiday season for a limited time I will be offering a full cord+ of pinon or cedar for 150.00 (usually 240.00) delivered. This is good dry and ready to burn wood cut at or under 18".
1 cord = 4x4x8=128cf
I deliver = 7x5x4=140cf"

I guess I was really hurting for business so bad I wasnt thinking straight. I know the work that goes into getting wood around here plus what getting it cost me but now I have to deliver 5 cords at that price. I pulled my ad after 36 hours thank god. I think this is the closest thing i have ever seen to free firewood on cl.

We have a firewood seller down here who insists that 2 ricks= 1 cord. Many posts have tried to correct him, but he persists. Now he gets flagged within minutes of posting. The funny thing is that he is only charging for 2 ricks anyway, so there's he's not profiting from his ignorance.
if you cut your wood, 24 inch lengths ,two ricks is a cord 24x4x8 = 4x4x8

Oh, boy! I finally found out what makes a "commercial" chainsaw! You have to have a bar over 24"! :laugh:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/zip/2093543521.html

. Two oak trees 12-14" diameter!
. You bring your commercial chain saw(over 24"), rope, truck and cut it down, devide those trees!
. Call me first before you leaving!

Stillbrooke Road Manassas VA 20112

John (571)435-4780

Yeah, I can see why you'd need more than a 24" bar to cut down and buck some 14" trees! :dizzy:

Say, do you think 28" would be enough? :biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back