Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://sheboygan.craigslist.org/mat/1986362080.html

burning coal - $9 (fdl)
Date: 2010-10-03, 9:13AM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

i have rice or nut low sulfur coal for sale in 50 lb bags. better price on by pallet.
rated 13,000 btu wood normally 5000 to 6000 btu
920 922 2736 leave a message if no answer

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1986362080

I wonder if the guy stole a bunch of it off the power plant's coal cars... I didn't know you could even GET coal for heating in the Upper Midwewst. I thought the only people who used coal around here anymore were the power plants.

I wonder if the guy stole a bunch of it off the power plant's coal cars... I didn't know you could even GET coal for heating in the Upper Midwewst. I thought the only people who used coal around here anymore were the power plants.

Power plants don't use bagged coal... I would say this guy is pretty legitimate if he has pallets of it (he offers a discount for buying pallet quantities).

While it is difficult to find ( I would probably burn it if I could and it was cheap) I posted the ad for the relative amount of BTU's. 13k btu for coal, and only 5-6k btu for wood.

That must be a two-man sawzall!

Hey, this must be an antique! I'm thinking it's got to be like one of those old logging chainsaws that are made to be operated by TWO men:

SAWZALL = MILWAUKEE !!! - $65 (Fredericksburg Va)
Date: 2010-10-04, 2:09PM EDT

40 Amp. Good Cond., Works just like it should, Used' Not Abused, comes with Metal Case. $65.00 FIRM ! Milwaukee' Best Brand Name Tool you can buy and You know what they cost new. First with CASH $65.00 Cell 540-272-9862 I'm just off of I-95 at Exit 130 in Fredericksburg, Va. / NOT MARYLAND !

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/grd/1988454044.html

Man, I'd like to see the size of that thing! The extension cord must be what, 2 gauge copper? Or maybe you need one of those trailer mounted generators... :dizzy:

:D

40 AMP! Holy Cr@p :laugh:

Ignoramous question here: Since 30A circuits run on 10AWG wire, would 40A run on 8AWG?

Yes, generally, 40A will run on 8AWG. It really depends on a large number of factors. How long the cord is, whether it is in the wall vs. out in the open, duty cycle, etc. etc.

Most safety stuff / permits / that kind of stuff will give you a 2x to 4x safety margin.

I've got a 240V 50A welder. I pulled it open, and the wire from the switch to the transformer is 10AWG at best, and actually looks like 12AWG. It's been running like that for 30 years, and it still looks good. If you look at the open air current carrying capacity of wire, it is way higher than anyone in the inspection business will tell you.

Either way, I still comply with the local regs, but it does bug me sometimes.

Hopefully an extra zero?

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/2000594643.html

Oak firewood - $700 (Dillsboro, In)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-10-11, 2:10PM EDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its approx. 6 to 9 ton of wood. Not split, you will need to move it yourself. Please call 812-432-9596.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2000594643

Copyright

2 4ft Choke Cherry Logs - $600 (Breed)

http://northernwi.craigslist.org/for/1991937933.html
northern WI craigslist > for sale / wanted > general for sale
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
2 4ft Choke Cherry Logs - $600 (Breed)
Date: 2010-10-12, 8:13PM CDT

Beautiful Choke Cherry Logs. Approx 4 ft each in length. 22 years old, Cut approx 2 weeks ago. One has slight twist to it, the other is straight. Beautiful grain, drying nicely, and covered when necessary. Price negotiable. Can be shipped if needed, Would be shipped via Freight truck, with expense determined by destination.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1991937933-0 image 1991937933-1

http://northernwi.craigslist.org/for/1991923438.html

northern WI craigslist > for sale / wanted > general for sale
please flag with care:
http://northernwi.craigslist.org/for/1991923438.html
miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Beautifully Twisted Choke Cherry Log - $400 (Breed, WI)
Date: 2010-10-12, 8:14PM CDT

22 year old Choke Cherry Tree 4ft log, with beautifully knotted section. One of several pieces offered. This wood is extremely beautiful, has great color, and has been drying for 2 weeks, and covered nightly. Shipping if neccessary, would be by freight truck, cost depending on destination. Approx. 400lbs. This gorgeous piece can be used by the unqiue carver for that one of a kind piece! Price is negotiable.

image 1991923438-0

PostingID: 1991923438

Last edited:
Not tree related... but still funny craigslist posting

Anybody in renal failure...?
Looking to sell One of My Kidneys>> Taking Bids (Milwaukee)

Date: 2010-10-14, 3:10PM CDT

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/for/2006340331.html

Im Taking Bids on one of my Kidneys. Im 22 and in excellent health. I dont drink or smoke and i work out daily..

TAKING BIDS ON ONE OF MY KIDNEYS...

email me with your offer and your name and number

I want to believe it's a joke.
wichita craigslist > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by owner
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Nede to sale ewives kar - $600 (kolege hill)

Date: 2010-10-15, 8:14AM CDT

i had to drove to tulse to repo my kar caws she woldnt make the paws shop payment. it smells like crape inside shes been sleapen in it wit her boyfrend and to kids.but it shold klen up ok. im gonna hose the inside out today at the kar wash. we been taken good cair of it so it almost look new again. i will try a pri off the bouncen baby jesus from off the dash kaus she wants it back. her new boy frend is beng a jurk bout it kaus he just panted it last weak and used 24 kans of spry pant it look prety good from 1000 yards. i want only kash mony so dont give me big sob stori. kall me first so i no you are good for it.

PostingID: 2007223583

please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

i had to drove to tulse to repo my kar caws she woldnt make the paws shop payment. it smells like crape inside shes been sleapen in it wit her boyfrend and to kids.but it shold klen up ok. im gonna hose the inside out today at the kar wash. we been taken good cair of it so it almost look new again. i will try a pri off the bouncen baby jesus from off the dash kaus she wants it back. her new boy frend is beng a jurk bout it kaus he just panted it last weak and used 24 kans of spry pant it look prety good from 1000 yards. i want only kash mony so dont give me big sob stori. kall me first so i no you are good for it.

to bad he is so far away i would offer to take it off his hands for free but the unimaginable things i do to junk cars would probbly make him cringe

Suppose that dude is a kolege grad?

I've seen a lot of people on the internet that are spelling challenged (don't worry if ya are, I won't pick on ya, there's a lot of smart people I learn from out there that just didn't learn a lot of what they know in class), but this guy takes the cake!

Funny, but I smell someone who's just having fun with a little bit of pseudo white-trash composition - probably trying to get listed on "Best of Craigslist."

Still, kinda funny.

please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Latest posts

Back