Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free Firewood - Help us out here please!!

Free Firewood - Help us out here please!!

We have a tree that is rotting out at the base. It's shedding branches all the time. But it's right by our house. We have so many other things going wrong with our house and cars right now we can't afford to pay someone to cut it down. But you can take all the wood you want from it.
It's about 75' tall. It's kinda like 2 trees in one. It splits at the base and has two main trees coming up. Our insurance deductable is so high, we wouldn't be able to cover it if it did fall on our house. Plus we have TONS of work to do on both of our cars. Not to mention TONS of repairs to our house as well. We really don't have the money to pay you, but we would be more then happy to cover your gas.
Someone please help us out! Not trying to be picky, but would really like someone that's insured and licensed to be able to do the job just in case something bad happened during the cutdown of it. But beggers can't be choosers either. If this is you, please contact us ASAP! Thank you so much!

Sign me up!

Tree limb removed

Tree limb removed (Blandon)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-06-18, 2:47PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a large Maple limb I would like removed , it would have to be cut off of the tree. The wood you get from the limb would be your payment.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2448412370

'90 Ford F350 Diesel ¾ Ton Utility Truck, Only $2,500/B.O.

This truck can hold 5 gallons of wood. :)

'90 Ford F350 Diesel ¾ Ton Utility Truck, Only $2,500/B.O. (Lansing, MI)

Date: 2011-06-23, 7:38AM EDT

ONLY 136K MILES ON THIS INTERNATIONAL 7.3V8 DIESEL MOTOR

BIG SUPER LONG 12' BOX
4' HIGH
8' WIDE

CAN CARRY 20QTS OF WOOD

HEAVY DUTY FRONT & REAR AXLES

STRONG ENOUGH FOR PULLING ANYTHING. . .

STILL WORTH OVER $3,200!!!...

AND CAN BE USED FOR ALL KINDS OF THINGS LIKE:

HAULING. . .

CARRYING TREES. . .

AND SO ON. . .

ASKING ONLY $2,500 OR BEST REASONABLE CASH OFFER!!!...

SO CALL 517-505-3092

'90 FORD F350 CUSTOM DIESEL ¾ TON UTILITY TRUCK

TAN

2DOOR

AUTOMATIC

2WD

DULLY

COLD AC

BIG HEAVY DUTY METAL SIDE RUNNING BOARDS

LOTS OF NEW PARTS ON IT:

ALL NEW GLOW PLUGS
ALL NEW BRAKE LINES
NEW WIPER MOTOR
NEW WIPERS
NEW BATTERY
NEW STARTER SOLENOID

GOOD TIRES ON IT

REAR TOWING PACKAGE

DUAL EXHAUST

AM/FM -- CASSETTE PLAYER RADIO

GOOD WARM HEAT

RUNS & DRIVES GREAT

GREAT BUY...

YOU CAN'T BEAT OWNING A UTILITY TRUCK LIKE THIS FOR THIS PRICE...

ASKING ONLY $2,500 OR BEST REASONABLE CASH OFFER TODAY!!!...

SO CALL AND BUY NOW!!!...

CALL 517-505-3092

$20 per ROUND !

some yahoo tryin to sell 12-16" long rounds of hard maple for $20 a piece!! lol
says they are 30-38" diameter, looking at the pics i would have a hard time believing that, 24" seems much more likely
3ka3o83pe5V65W35X1b6n6a24b915a6131490.jpg

3n63m03o95Z35P45R6b6nff947a6fcdde13eb.jpg

still one of the funniest ive seen in a while
MAPLE FIREWOOD

For my first Arborist.com post I give you....

FREE FIREWOOD

FREE FIREWOOD (Newton, NJ)
Date: 2011-06-28, 1:51PM EDT
Two dead cedar trees still standing. You cut 'em down & haul away with branches. Near power lines & house so professionals only.

PostingID: 2467190562

Dead cedar near power lines and house! Professionals only! Don't everyone run for it at once at once! Because pro's wouldn't charge to take down your trees?

I think I've got that beat 19" long logs?????????

some yahoo tryin to sell 12-16" long rounds of hard maple for $20 a piece!! lol
says they are 30-38" diameter, looking at the pics i would have a hard time believing that, 24" seems much more likely
3ka3o83pe5V65W35X1b6n6a24b915a6131490.jpg

3n63m03o95Z35P45R6b6nff947a6fcdde13eb.jpg

still one of the funniest ive seen in a while
MAPLE FIREWOOD

Up for sale i have 4 large oak logs. The dimensions for them are as follows. 28in diameter, length 19 in, and the overall roundness is 94in. Only asking $50 for each log. They make great firewood. Call or text (440) 521-9597. NO TRADES/ NO EMAILS

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

BIG LOGS FROM OAK TREE

Overall roundness? Never heard anybody use roundness when describing a log. Actually have never heard anybody use roundness period. Haha :bang:

VERY DRY ASH TREES! NICE FIREWOOD

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
VERY DRY ASH TREES! NICE FIREWOOD (FENTON)

Date: 2011-06-22, 9:10AM EDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

3..... 40 TO 50 FT ASH TREES ! NICE AND DRY . STILL STANDING THEY NEED TO BE DROPPED!! WOULD LIKE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THERE DOING ! TREES ARE NEAR HOUSES & POWER LINES !...............810-394-7033

PostingID: 2455355766

It would be interesting to hear how much people have told them their "firewood" is worth.

F/S Large Amt of Maple Firewood (Jackson)

Date: 2011-06-06, 9:55PM EDT

I will be having a couple of large maple trees cut down in a couple days, they will be leaving the wood for firewood. I will keep some for our firepit outback, I would like to make the rest available to someone who wants to buy it. I was told by a couple people what the wood should be worth, but I'm willing to negotiate a price. The wood will already be cut, all you need to do is negotiate a price and take what you need.

I would like to get something from the wood to help offset the cost I will be paying out to have the trees cut down and shrub cleaned up.

I would also be willing to trade a portion of the firewood for a good air conditioner, a nice working treadmill, or a decent desk top computer set up with wifi hookup.

If you have any interest you may call 517-474-0627.

FREE FIREWOOD (Rockaway)
Three Tree still standing. You cut 'em down & haul away with branches. 1 Near power lines & house
1 by house, 1 between neighbor driveway and my back yard Also may have others available. Please will be required to cut trees down. Insured professional only. I do have pictures of all 3 tree. If you would like to see the trees please call to set appointment or for Information call 973-551-4424 ask for Dave or leave message or Email me and in Ref. Box enter "Firewood" otherwise I will delete email.

FREE FIREWOOD

Don't everybody rush him at once....

Anyone else sell by the quart?

:msp_w00t:

Fire wood (boyertown)

Date: 2011-06-29, 4:53PM EDT

I'm selling firewood, all hard wood, split and delivered $175 per quart. Ready to burn this winter. Free delivery within 15 miles. Call for special price on multiples cords. Call Ray Ruff @ 610-689-4882

PostingID: 2469481460

Fire wood (boyertown)

I'm selling firewood, all hard wood, split and delivered $175 per quart. Ready to burn this winter. Free delivery within 15 miles. Call for special price on multiples cords. Call Ray Ruff @ 610-689-4882

Nice gig if you can get it! :laugh:

Fire wood (boyertown)

PostingID: 2469481460

I think what he is smoking sells by the gram.

can I get a full quart of pine for $195 please?

Fire Wood

detroit metro craigslist > wayne co > for sale / wanted > general for sale

Fire Wood - $65 (Per Face Quart)

Date: 2011-07-21, 1:22PM EDT

We have White Oak & Pine... Pick up only, live in the Taylor area

PostingID: 2505840507

Credit for this one goes to D & B Mack, who posted this in the Ebay/Craigslist post over in the chainsaw section.

Heavy Duty M105 Military Trailer

Heavy Duty M105 Military Trailer - $600 (Honey brook)

Date: 2011-07-21, 8:17AM EDT

Heavy Duty M105 military trailer for sale, great for firewood or heavy gravel, dirt mulch etc. will carry up to 8000lbs on road, 6500lbs off road, tires are new each tire is worth $475 each!, has side fences included, can carry 2 cords of wood. has a lunnet ring for a pintle hitch, lighting is 24V military but can easily be changed to 12V civilian. Great for use behind a tractor or a pickup truck.

Cargo box inside dimensions 6'2" x 9' x18" The removable sides add an additional 36" to the cargo box depth.

Contact Larry
484-798-8400

3k43m73o75O55X55R6b7ld7a783dd7aef1db0.jpg

Let's dissect this one:

"will carry up to 8000lbs on road, 6500lbs off road" - Sure will, but it's not rated for it. Rated at 7150GVW, and weighs 2650 empty.

"tires are new each tire is worth $475 each!" - About $100 higher than what a quick google search showed me.

"can carry 2 cords of wood" - stacked, over the top of the (not that stout) side racks) - box isn't much bigger than a long box P/U.

That's a pretty decent price for one of em though, I see em going for $500-$800 up here.

Looking for free firewood - $1 (Dubuque)
Date: 2011-07-22, 12:45AM EDT
Just looking for some free firewood if you have any that you want taken of your hands let me know. Looking for a large amount and I can haul it my self. So if you have any give me a call at 563-564-XXXX. Thanks for looking.

Yeah,

I got some free firewood to give away. Just come on out with your own saw and your own pickup and come get it outta the woods. Make sure I don't catch you...

This Jackwagon wants you to pay him to cut down his trees!!! (and clean-up, be insured, give him your first born, etc.). :laugh:

new hampshire craigslist > for sale / wanted > farm & garden

abt 10 cords or so of Oak (Milton)

Date: 2011-07-25, 11:26AM EDT

I have abt 10 cords of Oak wood, I'm asking $100 or BRO for 6 large oak trees. They're abt 80-100 ft tall. valid insurance is needed, as well as you'll be responsible for all damage and cleaning up.

A contract will be signed and money is due upon signing of the contract. I will check with your insurance to make sure it's valid and the amount that it's valid for.

PostingID: 2512081976

Off Topic Though

First CL Ad:

Clown Costume ! - $10 (Pottstown)

Date: 2011-07-23, 8:51PM EDT

Clown Costume

Airblown inflatable

Party time clown

battery operated fan inflates costume in seconds

~Fits Most Adult Size's

~still in original package - worn once!

Perfect for a child's Birthday party!

2nd Ad:

$10.00 Clown Costume in Pottstown - $10 (lmao)

Date: 2011-07-24, 11:00AM EDT

I'll pay you Ten Dollars to burn that thing then post the picture! You've posted this thing for months, no one wants it.

:clap:

Back