Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a Real Gent

$300 saw for $175, but without the bar and chain, and it is not running right, because it probably has some kind of air leak that he is not sure of but is sure that it is easy to fix, and he has already taken it to his dealer to get a quote, and already looked at some of the parts he (maybe) might need to fix it, but is only making this sacrifice because his wife is making him sell it instead of doing the easy fix himself on one of the best machines he has ever owned, and he is firm on his price, and is not willing to do anything for a potential sucker, I mean buyer.

Hurry up! First person with cash takes it!

Philbert

Stihl 025 MS250 Chain Saw - $175

I hate to sell this but my wife won't let me fix it. Says I have too many projects and need to spend a little more time with the kids. Come get it before I find time to dig in. This is one of the best machines I've ever owned but as of a week ago it no longer wants to idle. The saw starts and runs good at full throttle.

I asked the Stihl dealer to diagnose it. Below is what they found:
1) Good compression. 135 psi. No sign of any scoring or mechanical damage.
2) Fuel system was pressure tested and checked out good.
3) The saw won't pump fuel at idle. It has an air leak.

An air leak? My 025 has never been apart, its never been blown up, and its never been crashed. I bought this new and always mixed the oil rich. The problem is likely a crack in the rubber manifold between the carb and the engine or a worn crank seal. I researched this a bit. Both the manifold and the seal are available from sources on line for $15-20 each. A crank seal can be installed without taking the engine apart. Press it in from the outside of the case. The correct seal for doing this is Stihl part number 96380031581. The manifold is likely an easier swap. Guessing this would be a wise 2-3 hour repair effort if someone has mechanical skills and a little time. The saw is together as pictured below and you can hear it run!

I am firm at $175 and this price does NOT include the new bar and chain pictured. First person with cash in hand takes it home. Sorry but I will not hold it with promises to buy.

10 LONG/LARGE CUT LENGTHS FROM NATURAL BLACK WALNUT TREE-ALL FOR $50

TEN (10) CUT LENGTHS OF BLACK WALNUT FRESH WOOD

Pieces of Black Walnut Fresh Cut Wood July 2011 - Measure approximately:
END DIAMETER LENGTH
6-4 inches 45 inches
3-4 inches 65 inches
3-3 inches 57 inches
3-6 inches 41 inches
7-7 inches 43 inches
1-2 inches 30 inches
3-3 inches 75 inches
4-6 inches 44 inches
2-2 inches 30 inches
1-2 inches 11 inches
10 PIECES OF NATURAL BLACK WALNUT

PRICE: $50 FOR ALL

PRIVATE PARTY

END DIAMETER LENGTH
6-4 inches 45 inches
3-4 inches 65 inches
3-3 inches 57 inches
3-6 inches 41 inches
7-7 inches 43 inches
1-2 inches 30 inches
3-3 inches 75 inches
4-6 inches 44 inches
2-2 inches 30 inches
1-2 inches 11 inches

PRIVATE PARTY

Maybe he means he'll pay $50 to get it hauled away.

END DIAMETER LENGTH
6-4 inches 45 inches
3-4 inches 65 inches
3-3 inches 57 inches
3-6 inches 41 inches
7-7 inches 43 inches
1-2 inches 30 inches
3-3 inches 75 inches
4-6 inches 44 inches
2-2 inches 30 inches
1-2 inches 11 inches10 PIECES OF NATURAL BLACK WALNUT

PRIVATE PARTY

I like how he saved the best for last... Nuff said.

Nice, pics show some of the larger pieces, the heart wood can't be more than 1-2" diameter. :laugh:

END DIAMETER LENGTH
6-4 inches 45 inches
3-4 inches 65 inches
3-3 inches 57 inches
3-6 inches 41 inches
7-7 inches 43 inches
1-2 inches 30 inches
3-3 inches 75 inches
4-6 inches 44 inches
2-2 inches 30 inches
1-2 inches 11 inches

PRIVATE PARTY

Free tree maple logs (kearny)

FREE TREE MAPLE LOGS

Hi, i have some free tree logs you can have in my yard..the tree fell and we cut them to 4x5 pieces,,,they are heavy so you gotto cut them and carry them out...i also have a tree that is hanging by its roots i would like you to cut and take...please let me know when your free..thanks

"SECONDS" Firewood, BONFIRE wood, FREE DELIVERYmilwaukee craigslist > for sale / wanted > general for sale
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
"SECONDS" Firewood, BONFIRE wood, FREE DELIVERY - $90 (Milwaukee and surrounding suburbs)
Date: 2012-03-19, 6:33PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Properly cut and split firewood is to be in 16 inch lengths. When achieving this length often there will be end pieces or lengths of wood in 4 - 12 inch lengths which we have named "SECONDS".

These "SECONDS" are still great firewood just not the "picture perfect" 16 inch lengths.
We have repeat customers that specifically request "SECONDS" due to the amount of wood received for the great value in price.
Our "Seconds" firewood is also perfect for firepits, bonfires and wood burning stoves as often the size is smaller and more managable.

Our "SECONDS" are hardwoods consisting of Maple, Locust, Oak, Elm, Birch, Ash and Cherry.

"SECONDS"
Face Cord (8ft long, 4ft high, by 4-12 inches wide) - $90.00
Half Cord (12ft long, 4ft high, by 4-12 inches wide) - $110.00
Full Cord (24ft long, 4ft high, by 4-12 inches wide) - $160.00

Call Jason from Blue Flame Firewood at 414-235-6431 and schedule your delivery today!

Key words: Firewood, fire pits, wood burning stoves, home heating wood, bonfires, christmas season firewood, holiday firewood

END DIAMETER LENGTH
6-4 inches 45 inches
3-4 inches 65 inches
3-3 inches 57 inches
3-6 inches 41 inches
7-7 inches 43 inches
1-2 inches 30 inches
3-3 inches 75 inches
4-6 inches 44 inches
2-2 inches 30 inches
1-2 inches 11 inches

PRIVATE PARTY

Can I have the 11" long, 1-2" diameter piece ?
Just waited for a piece like that to finish my log cabin project.
:laugh:

SA

fresh cut apple wood for smoking

I cut down my Red delicious apple tree this past winter and am chunking it for sale. You will get a 5 gallon bucket of clean cut chunks for $50. still sticky from sap! and smells so sweet. I use a clean electric saw to sut these chunks to keep the wood free of oil and debris, not a nasty chain saw

I also have apple wood sawdust $15 for a coffee can full, want a strong smoke taste? Doing jerky or a brisket? sawdust it the only way to get that taste.

I like the part about the electric chainsaw. No oil or other chainsaw stuff to contaminate this great overpriced wood. Me thinks even a electric chainsaw uses bar oil????

fresh cut apple wood for smoking

I cut down my Red delicious apple tree this past winter and am chunking it for sale. You will get a 5 gallon bucket of clean cut chunks for $50. still sticky from sap! and smells so sweet. I use a clean electric saw to sut these chunks to keep the wood free of oil and debris, not a nasty chain saw

I also have apple wood sawdust $15 for a coffee can full, want a strong smoke taste? Doing jerky or a brisket? sawdust it the only way to get that taste.

I like the part about the electric chainsaw. No oil or other chainsaw stuff to contaminate this great overpriced wood. Me thinks even a electric chainsaw uses bar oil????

Nasty Chainsaw :)
I guess that we are a bunch of nastys, using nasty saws and all :)
I think you are correct, unless he is like my son in law and did not use bar oil :dizzy::dizzy:

FIRE PIT, CHAINSAW, & FIRE WOOD

$150.00 OBO PACKAGE deal only!!!!

Like new fire pitt, just bought it last month and now I have to get rid of it per my landlord!!

month old chainsaw $179.99 brand new @ home depot, I just bought 2 loads of fire wood for $95.00.

Serious calls only

Call or text Natalie @73-793-8441

haha $95 worth of wood

maybe I'll go get it I'll put the saw inside my truck strap down the fire pit and then stack the wood for fast evacuation on my way out the driveway. My pickup has a dump kit on it that uses the original bed so you cant even tell its on it so a quick press of a button up she goes then start driving away let it down as I'm turning the corner maybe I'll leave a note taped to one of the logs:msp_biggrin:

free labor on unwanted trees and shrubs

free labor on unwanted trees and shrubs (malverne, surrounding towns)
Date: 2012-03-27, 3:26PM EDT
redoing your landscaping? hate to destroy a plant but want/ need it gone? email with location and if possible pictures.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2925555897

Something tells me there's going to be a slew of home break-in's in Malvene in the near future :bang:

Firewood uncut

Firewood uncut - $5 (Doylestown)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-03-28, 8:37AM EDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 8 rails from a split rail fence for sale $5 great for firewood. I also have a pu load of stone for stone walls. You load your pickup for $75. Also 200 burlap bags for sale $1 each had coffee beans in them... Email for a time to Pickup or see Location of Highland Hill Farm Wholesale & Retail Nursery Stock

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2926641454

Frost Free Hydrant

Frost Free Hydrant - $20 (Media)

Date: 2012-03-27, 11:29PM EDT

Frost free hydrants for sale $20. You dig out, 11 available. If you are reading this, there are still some available.

Latest posts

Back