Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, it's not Craigslist, but it is a very funny review of a Craftsman saw.
From http://community.craftsman.com/Craftsman-18-In-42CC-Gas-Chain-Saw--2551-review-eef3

Pros
Price, Easy Start, 1 year warranty, Chain Adjustment, Easier than hand saw
Cons
None so far

Craftsman 18 In. 42CC Gas Chain Saw —

i bought this saw for a spare and i use it every day. i am stratifiedlogger because i blow up my Johnson Red chain saw. the chain good loose after the first 15 to 20 minuets but that is command. i cut some wood 58 inches round it was like cutting butter. i had to sharpen the chain 2-3 a day and the does last it makes 6 month that i have the same chain on and it still cuts well. this is my main saw now and my Johnson Red is my spare.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/tls/2973764888.html

HAVE A POULAN WILD THING LIKE NEW I USE IT ONE WINTER FOR FIRE WOOD THE CHAIN NEEDS TO BE SHARPENED BUT IT RUNS GREAT ASKING $50#

5Ie5Ea5Me3G43K83Mfc4mb601087a4b301ae3.jpg

those cutters on that chain seems awfully backwards¿¿¿¿????

Last edited:
Jonesy11,

LOL LOL LOL
I have a feeling with just a small bit of work that chainsaw would cut much better.
Bet the chain is sharp as new :)

Once they install a reverse gear that saw should be good to go. LOL

Last edited:
Fire Wood

Fire Wood - $100 (989 N Hills Blvd, Pottstown)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-04-12, 11:12AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mullberry tree cut down beginning of this month

the entire load is just over a chord. (with cutting trunk down)

Bring saw to cut stump down, 32 in. dia. by 4 ft tall

If you remove stump, price goes down to $85

I can deliver just the fresh cut wood for $135

ph. 610-970-3941 or my cell 317-460-1301

That is just full of fail

This guy needs to either start splitting and stacking, or find another way to fund his motor home fuel. I'd say he's about $199.99 too high.

CL ad said:
Huge Pile of Fire Wood (Forest Lake)
Date: 2012-04-19, 9:14AM CDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
We just had a huge tree taken down and would like to sell the firewood.

Use for fireplace or Outdoor Furnace.

Wood is cut up into manageable lengths for 1 or 2 people

16 inches up to 4 feet long depending on diameter of log.

Contractor said the amount of wood we have is worth approx $300

Will sell all for $200 if taken in few days.

Bring truck and a helper ( plus a chain saw if you want shorter lengths )

651-402-0878

5L45E15Kc3n93K73N7c4ja0d7074230b917c8.jpg

5G65W35M63Ea3Fa3N8c4j6a549c63f9381976.jpg

Did you call that bonehead up? I'm tempted to flag that post before he burns some unsuspecting person.

Someone got him to change the ad.

18" GAS CHAINSAW - $115 (Mid Town KCMO off I-70)

Date: 2012-04-20, 4:08PM CDT

*New Barely used 18" Craftsman Gas Chainsaw l
*Slim Pull Technology for easy starts
*42cc Engine

***Call Willie @ 913-208-6733***

OK, it's not Craigslist, but it is a very funny review of a Craftsman saw.
From http://community.craftsman.com/Craftsman-18-In-42CC-Gas-Chain-Saw--2551-review-eef3

Pros
Price, Easy Start, 1 year warranty, Chain Adjustment, Easier than hand saw
Cons
None so far

Craftsman 18 In. 42CC Gas Chain Saw —

i bought this saw for a spare and i use it every day. i am stratifiedlogger because i blow up my Johnson Red chain saw. the chain good loose after the first 15 to 20 minuets but that is command. i cut some wood 58 inches round it was like cutting butter. i had to sharpen the chain 2-3 a day and the does last it makes 6 month that i have the same chain on and it still cuts well. this is my main saw now and my Johnson Red is my spare.

Sounds like Google Language tools didn't do a very good job of translating the Chinese...

Mcculloch 14 inch chain saw with air mattress - $40 (lawrenceville)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-04-07, 5:51AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected]

Refurbished chain saw. It needs a new spark plug and gas, that is it. I do not have the
wrench to take it out. I was told by a small engine repair person. It pulls fine
I do not want to take the time, I am in a townhome community. I also have a coleman
double queen air mattress with stand up air pump. They will be sold together
I have pics on my camera phone. I just need you phone number.

price is firm for both

===
cool - the guy refurbished it without a wrench or gas! or the 'repair person' refurbished it without changing the plug!... either way. i hope the buyer fills the mattress as they most likely will need to lie down after messing with that saw.

Last edited:
Mcculloch 14 inch chain saw with air mattress - $40 (lawrenceville)
Date: 2012-04-07, 5:51AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected]

Refurbished chain saw. It needs a new spark plug and gas, that is it. I do not have the
wrench to take it out. I was told by a small engine repair person. It pulls fine
I do not want to take the time, I am in a townhome community. I also have a coleman
double queen air mattress with stand up air pump. They will be sold together
I have pics on my camera phone. I just need you phone number.

price is firm for both

===
cool - the guy refurbished it without a wrench or gas! or the 'repair person' refurbished it without changing the plug!... either way. i hope the buyer fills the mattress as they most likely will need to lie down after messing with that saw.

Sounds like he was sleeping on the job..

wheel barrol

wheel barrol (boyertown pa)

Date: 2012-04-26, 9:20AM EDT

i have a good working wheel barrol it is nice n big. can use for a big ammount of yard work. Please call or text 484-274-7366
thnk u

WheelBarrow.jpg

Good Luck falling that one, if it falls and breaks their house, I wonder if we would have to clean that up also?

Sure, just put up a CL ad "FREE HOME but you must take ALL scattered bricks, twisted window panes, broken plaster boards, shattered roof tiles, crushed rafters etc, bidders can take all debris to feel large open pits in their backyard NO CHARGE. "

People can be open hearted and generous can't they? :cool2:

SA

FREE$$$ Pine Tree Branches-FIRE WOOD

FREE$$$ Pine Tree Branches-FIRE WOOD (Evergreen Park)

Date: 2012-04-28, 9:20AM CDT

Just had large pine trees cut down. Have a lot of branches from the trees outside in the front yard. FREE!!!!!!

Call 708 408 4823 only if seriously interested.

5K25F45Jb3E13Fd3J9c4s88d61b05ce551c8f.jpg

Latest posts

Back