Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oak tree trunk, 4' wide (Fairview Heights)
00n0n_aIr1PyKKMtn_600x450.jpg

PPU Oak tree trunk, 4' wide, free. No rotting. Span is 4' at the base. Very nice for furniture, crafts, whatever.
The trunk is approximately 25-30' tall and has been felled. You must take the entire trunk. Contact by call or text.

If it weren't going to rain tomorrow, I'd be calling on this one. That place will be muddy for a few days. We'll see if it's still there by the weekend.

upload_2014-11-6_15-21-2.png

Am I missing something about White (Paper) Birch?

I am burning the tree from my brother's yard right now . . . It was about 1.5 cord with the 5 trunks that it had . . . Did I miss out on a fortune?

I'm considering driving by there tomorrow morning on my way to work . . . If that magical tree is worth $50 per 9" diameter stick, well then I'm going to start stealing them from along the county roads . . . the fines would be worth it. Haha.

We just had five trees cut down TODAY. the wood is beautiful and ready to be seasoned for next year.
Serious inquiries only. We are looking for quick easy offers as we only want to try to get back some of the money it costs to cut them all down. Make us an offer! :)
Call us and give us an offer. Its cut ready for you to take.
Thank you

00S0S_3JyXuD2ndDN_600x450.jpg

The part I love most is "quick easy offers". I was thinking of offering to take it for him for $200. Is that too much to charge?

Seriously?

Looking for wood to keep winter bills down (Grandview)

I recently moved my family to Kansas City from Minneapolis. The house we moved into has an airtight fireplace insert. Between reestablishing my family hear and working I haven't had time to find wood. We are hoping to keep our bills down by burning wood but buying wood would be pointless. Might as well keep the furnace on. If anyone has wood they can donate to us it would be much appreciated. I can split logs but not cut them to fit so pre cut logs would be best. I can barrow a truck and trailer if you need me to pick it up. Thanks for reading. Have a Good Day!
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4749244007

posted: 13 days ago

updated: 3 days ago

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/wan/4749244007.html

They need some help moving stuff

family of 2 2/babies in need of u haul (ss)
my family is moving these last couple days and we are in need of a u-haul just to move our beds and our crib for a newborn if you could help us out and take us to the U Haul store and get to see u Haul we would greatly appreciate it we would be able to write a contract to pay you back if it is something that you would want me you really need help because we have to be out in one day please even if you have a truck that would help is it would be a small loan just a few things that we can't fit into our own vehiclewe are completely broke because we spent all our money getting our new house right now we are all sleeping on the floor so if you could please help email or call me as soon as you can thank you very much
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
Another one

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/zip/4751943350.html

That had to be spendy but I guess if you don't like it removal is needed.

As some of you know, I has a great score on C.L a couple of weeks ago (see Craiglist Locust).So, with high hopes, I answered another "Free Firewood" ad a few days ago by providing my name, address and # to the e-mail account.I got a call yesterday from the woman who told me that she had two trees down, and if I did "a little work" I could have the wood.I didn't hang up until she had mentioned 'new roof', 'replace rotted fascia and soffit' and, I think, 'paint'.After all, she said, she was "just a woman" and couldn't do these things! I just want to know whose ex-wife this was...

You didn't check her out? You never know, could have been the love of your lifetime! :heart: :ices_rofl:
Please don't let your wife woop up on me. I'm to old to get wooped . . . again. I'm nice to my wife now days.

PPU Oak tree trunk, 4' wide, free. No rotting. Span is 4' at the base. Very nice for furniture, crafts, whatever.
The trunk is approximately 25-30' tall and has been felled. You must take the entire trunk. Contact by call or text.

If it weren't going to rain tomorrow, I'd be calling on this one. That place will be muddy for a few days. We'll see if it's still there by the weekend.

That I would go for.
Oak, already on the ground and looks like it's easy to access.

That I would go for.
Oak, already on the ground and looks like it's easy to access.

I had one very similar to this one this summer. Except most of it was already cut to length. I ended up with about 2-1/2 full cords of beautiful read oak out of the deal! Not an inch of rot either. It was only a couple of miles from the house and the tree was literally right next to the road. I could noodle, set my saw down and lift the pieces right into the truck on the road without walking!

The homeowner, an older guy riding one of those wheeled scooter chairs, has several more trees he's going to have dropped and has promised to call me when it's ready. He liked how I worked and gathered up the noodles and saw dust and put them in his planting beds around the yard, where he wanted them.

I'm afraid I've been spoiled...

I had one very similar to this one this summer. Except most of it was already cut to length. I ended up with about 2-1/2 full cords of beautiful read oak out of the deal! Not an inch of rot either. It was only a couple of miles from the house and the tree was literally right next to the road. I could noodle, set my saw down and lift the pieces right into the truck on the road without walking!

The homeowner, an older guy riding one of those wheeled scooter chairs, has several more trees he's going to have dropped and has promised to call me when it's ready. He liked how I worked and gathered up the noodles and saw dust and put them in his planting beds around the yard, where he wanted them.

I'm afraid I've been spoiled...

Spoiled is good sometimes.
We all work hard on our wood and It's nice to pull up to a site and see an easier day ahead.
I have a VERY big Red Oak blow-down near me that's been down for over two years now. It needs to be utilized before it rots. I have a tip on who owns the land now so I need to talk to them about harvesting it for my firewood pile. It too is beside a road and easy access plus its literally a minute from my place.
I hope he says, "Ya take it all if you want it"

wooooo!!! go for it!!! lots o firewood,,but sure be nice to make something out of it..straight as arrow....

Latest posts

Back