Craigslist Score!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireman31

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I picked up not 1 but 2 welders (for one money)from a craigslist post.

I got a Miller millermatic 200 mig unit with gas regulator and cable hose ($2199.00 new) IN ADDITION I GOT A BIG honking Marquette 13-115 that will do stick, arc, mig and tig. The Marquette only had the stick lead and the ground so I'll have to get a wire feed unit and a tig torch, regulator etc.

Ready for this????

$300 for both!!!

AND BOTH ARE SINGLE PHASE!!

The miller had the piece that connects the cable hose and the internal wire feed broken off. I stopped by the Miller store and the didn't have a new one so they took me to the boneyard out back and let me pull one off of a junker FOR FREE!! with the condition that I come back and buy one sometime soon when they have it in stock.

Other than that it welds like a champ!!!

I also ponied up for a ($60) metal cutting blade for my circular saw.Man does that thing make short order of even thick metal!!!!

I installed it on the HEAVY OLD Porter Cable saw I have, made 2 cuts with it then proceeded to cut the power cord when the guard hung open as I was putting it down. Fortunately I was putting it down on the dirt not on concrete.

Now hopefully I can get a few warm days to get back to work on my boiler!!!

Man it sucks not having a shop to work in!!

** edit** I loaded the welder with one of 2 BIG (45#)rolls of wire that I got off of craigslist some time back. I seem to remember that I paid $45 for the 2 BIG rolls!!

Last edited:
That is great to hear, CL is for sure the place for deals..... I check every morning and every evening in about 6 categories. Congrats on your find !!!

i just scored a 250 gallon propane tank pick it up tomorrow for free he is even going to load it going to turn it in to owb why dont you bring that welder down here let me try it out for you:monkey:

i just scored a 250 gallon propane tank pick it up tomorrow for free he is even going to load it going to turn it in to owb why dont you bring that welder down here let me try it out for you:monkey:

Only if you come by here and finish mine first!

how big of one are you building. i am going to try and heat 3 greenhouses with mine. are you using plans?

I'm using modified DEB designs plans. Hopefully mine will be big enough to heat an Under construction greenhouse, my house and my yet to be built shop!!

Are you planning to use radiant floor heat in the greenhouse? I've got a tubing bender for making greenhouse hoops if you need it.

Where are you in Virginia?

Back