Crank case splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have split a ms 260, 034, 07, 076 And soon an 08s using one. The only thing I had to do was slightly bend open the two hooks to pass the larger cranks, but no biggie and it works perfectly. These also eliminate all uneven loading which occurs when using the stihl splitters on the bar nuts.

Should work fine, but if you already have a bearing puller you don’t need it.

Just remove any rubber off case, put on grill (or in oven) and get the assembly to 350* after you remove all the bolts and knock the alignment pins out towards the flywheel side of the case. Pull it out with heavy gloves on and hit the crank with a mallet. It will fall apart. The only downside is that the bearings will stay on the crank and need to be pulled off. That can be accomplished with heating the bearing with a torch and a puller.

I have two. One I cut to fit a husky 2100, with a little tapping on the screw and the case came apart. Worked perfect as it should.

That.. and that with the splitter it takes 2 minutes with no risk to the bearings.;)
True, I just bought the point up for someone who doesnt do many saws and doesn’t want to but a tool for one job.

I rarely have split a case without adding new bearings. It’s cheap insurance to change them to new when youre already in there.

True, I just bought the point up for someone who doesnt do many saws and doesn’t want to but a tool for one job.

I rarely have split a case without adding new bearings. It’s cheap insurance to change them to new when youre already in there.
Yeah for sure, ill be doing bearings even though they feel fine.

True. And there's nothing more frustrating than having to clean up after someone has neglected to ensure that the 2 flexible tangs were actually positioned behind the INNER race of the bearing.

Latest posts

Back