Crankcase splitter damage inside of case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jza

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys as title says ... I was splitting the 2nd half of the crank case and i wasn't looking and damaged the inside of the case ..

Is this reusable or do I need to order another crankcase ?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20221003_140938.jpg
    20221003_140938.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Forgot to mention where the bearing sits is fine just where u see those marks

Farmertec case splitter?

Personally I would have a dig with a pick and make sure no fractured chunks are going to fall into the case one day in the future- sand it a bit to round any sharp edges so the bearing has nothing to foul on and use the case as intended.
Yeah it was . One side went perfect.

Thanks I'll have a dig around and give it a light sand .

Yeah it was . One side went perfect.

Thanks I'll have a dig around and give it a light sand .

Like most stuff Farmertec in origin- it aint exactly up to spec with the original it copied.
The metal is thinner, softer and the legs tend to slide around compared to proper ones. The tool works per say- but it has short comings- as you discovered. Put the pain on it and the feet of the legs draw in to centre line until they catch the bearing pocket.

It happens on quite a few regardless of the brand of puller. Being a one size fits most puller combined with different size bearings, every now and then one will leave marks like that. File/grind/sand off the high spots being as minimally invasive as possible so that the new bearings will slide in and you’ll be OK

Latest posts

Back