crazy customer stories....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf_tree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
just curious if some of you guys feel like posting some stories of odd ball customers. i had a doozy yesterday. i'm not sure if this is the forum for it. so i'm holding my story back for now. since this is the pro forum i don't want to post some thing that may cause a conflict.

Heck yeah! It's been a year or so since our last 'conehead customer' thread. I can't think of any right now, but gimmie a day. :p

ok the mod can deleete this if i break any rules. we had a small job where were leaving the wood and taking the brush. the job was going smooth. then the customer and his wife comes out. he fires up his little homelite and starts cutting the brush up into little piece's. so i kindly asked him to shut the saw off and not run it around the guys. i said once were gone you can use the saw all you want. so the guy shuts it off and starts walking away. well his wife started going off on me, screaming i had a bad attitude and it shows in my work. she would not stop. i kept my mouth shut, but she just kept going on and on.(i do not know what set her off. i thought my request that the home owner not use his saw around the men was a resonable one) well finally i had all i could take and stormed towards the lady and her husband and i screamed at her if you had a d__k betwwen your legs i'd take your head off. well the husband grabbed her and dragged her into the house and never said boo to me. i have no idea what i did that got her so angy. i'm really not a short tempered person. maybe he checked her out of the ward a little to early.

one time we had a job in a good nieghbor hood where all the house's are attached so the brush had to through the house. she said she could not open the back door but the nieghbors would let us go through their house. well we started through the nieghbors with the saws, and he said i don't mind you going through with the saws but i don't want all the brush coming through.(understadable) so i asked the women if i could go in and see if i could get the door open. she protested a bit and let me in. i got about 4 or 5 steps in and the stench just hit me. it looked like a garbage truck exploded inside. in the corner i saw a female head. all of a sudden it turned and stared screaming. well i turned around and walked right out. i asked the nieghbors whats going on over there. it was a mother and daughter living with a slew of cats and dogs. both were nuts. so i did the job as a cut and leave and she paid cash. i wasn't sure if i wanted to touch the money. the niegbors said they moved in in the winter and had no idea what was next door. as the summer heat came the smell was coming through the walls. they were trying to see what they leaglly could do about it.

Spike-man, was this your job or were you working for someone else? Just wondering what your boss had to say about it. And did you get paid for the job? If you were working for me and went off on one of my customers like that, you'd be history. I don't care what she said, you've got no right to be disrespectful to a customer.

it was my boss's job and he got paid on it. i'm not saying what i did was right. there is no way one guy could say to another what she said to me and not expect a fight.(i'm not talking like a tough guy i have not raised my hands since high school). my boss just called on a cell phone and asked me to leave a saw with the ground crew to finish cutting the wood and get off to the next job. i spoke with him later and he just laughed about it. i did not provoke her but she would not stop and we all have our limits. i have been working for this guy for about 6 months and he's never had a complaint about me before so he chocked it up to a wacky customer. if it was my job i would have walked off unpaid and left them with the mess.

Back