Credit where credit is due

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musch

Chainsaw Zombie
Reaction score
Since I throw a fit about companies being irresponsible, I thought I would at least be consistant, and mention a company that did the right thing.

I have purchased tools from Northern Tool and Equipment in the past and found them fair and decent quality (depending on what you get)

When I was looking for a chainsaw, I saw that they had a Husky 137 for like $187, which is a pretty good price, compared to others in the area.

I ultimately ordered a 570, which I later found out was $100 MORE than other dealers. I was shocked and a little P.O.'ed.

Instead of returning it and paying the shipping, I filled out the paperwork for their price guarantee. I honestly thought I would end up fighting with them through the credit card company and the better business bureau, and office of consumer protection.

Well, surprise surprise, I got a check in the mail today for $112.

Good to know they are an honest outfit (even if their original price was awfully high)
:clap:

Musch,

What did you local dealer want for the 137 and 570. Here Husky deakers will match and most of the time beat the box stores. They will then also provide genuine service. Granted the 137 is new version but the 136 was about $169.

Bill

Good deal, I have always had good experiences with NT. You have to watch the prices, sometimes they are chea and sometimes REALLY high. Good to know they are an honest outfit.
J.D.

Bill G said:
Musch,

What did you local dealer want for the 137 and 570. Here Husky deakers will match and most of the time beat the box stores. They will then also provide genuine service. Granted the 137 is new version but the 136 was about $169.

Bill

At the time, I went with the catalog, because the only local dealer only handles consumer grade saws. (up to the Farm saw, I believe)
You can get a 137 here now for about $180

I now deal with a "local" Husky dealer, but its like a 45 minute drive from my house. They are not quite as flexible on price, but when you consider the support, and shipping cost, its practically a wash. I got a 346xp from them for $425.

Back