CS-361p's Have Arrived!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a feeling this saw has the same power plant as the cs 355t.
I assume it's the same short block however I don't have an ipl yet. Air intake seems less restrictive and not sure if carb/ignition is the same or not. I'll say it again it seemed very quick. More so than a 355.

Man I like. I would like to test one out next to my 192 rear handle. I wish this had been around when I was shopping for a small light smooth rear handle saw. If you send me one I will be more then happy to give it a full review and side by side workout with my 192.:angry::chainsaw::blob2::dumb2::cheers:

Bumping an old thread to see if there's any more input on the CS-361P. There seem to be very few reviews out there.

Old thread I know.

I just got the Echo CS-361P about a month or so ago.
Worth $400? I guess if a 201C is worth $720. And I bought it at the 20% off sale.

It doesn't quite have the power of a 40cc saw. But it is way smaller, lighter, and better handling.

And lighter and better handling than anything else in the 35cc range, with power to compete at or near the top of this class.

Blows the CS-352 away in power, handling, quality of construction. Pro-Lite bar. Everything in every way. And well worth the $60 more that I paid.

Advertised as having 15% more power than the 352, from what I have seen. But feels like a way better saw. Much more responsive, and revs way better.
And all the color matches on every piece. I suspect a higher quality of materials overall.

The 361P has a cat also, and fairly restrictive looking exaust in general, so you'd think there's some gains to be had.

The intake indeed looks far less restrictive than the 355T.

And the saw came without any kind of limiters on the carb. Takes a pacman screwdriver.

I really love this saw. Lightweight. Responsive. Super compact feel for a rear handle saw. Enough power and revs freely, but enough low end that you don't have to keep it pinned all the time.

Not a powerhouse. But just a great saw to use for general duties.

There are saws in the 35cc class that advertise a higher power. But for me, so far, no others compare to the complete package: weight, power, handling, price.

Just a great small saw.

Great old thread update, colt.

Possibly reading too much into it... it sounds like you're reasonably happy with the saw, but for the price it slightly underwhelmed?

I'll use this to satisfy my own confirmation bias... I opted for a stihl 241 (42 cc) over the 361P. It's pretty light but I still sometimes wonder if I should have gone for a lighter saw.

Great old thread update, colt.

Possibly reading too much into it... it sounds like you're reasonably happy with the saw, but for the price it slightly underwhelmed?

I'll use this to satisfy my own confirmation bias... I opted for a stihl 241 (42 cc) over the 361P. It's pretty light but I still sometimes wonder if I should have gone for a lighter saw.
It's pretty much exactly what I thought it would be. Lightweight, very compact with the 14" bar, and enough power for most of my uses.
And for the $320 I paid, am very happy with it.
Sure I would have liked the MS201CEM, which is a little heavier but also has a little more power, but not for $400 more money.

Can't fault you for choosing a 241 over the 361. I'd also love a Stihl MS241CM. I looked at one a couple of weeks ago and it looks like a great saw, and oviously a larger and more powerful saw than the smaller 361P.
I'm always on the lookout for a nice old lightly used big saw in the 70-80cc range. But if I ever buy another new saw it would probably be a 241. If I could find one on sale, I'd gladly sell my Dolmar 421 and Stihl 009L to partially finance it.
I wouldn't part with the CS361P to get it though.

Honestly, the old Stihl 009L isn't far off from what the CS361P offers. And similarly, the Dolmar 421 isn't far off from what the MS241CM offers.
But you only live once, and each is nearly a pound lighter and with a skosh more power also.

Back