CS400 mods...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTP

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've been doing too much reading on here. Therefore,logically I start modding uncontrollably...:chainsawguy: I muffler modded my CS400 that I got for $150. PO used it to cut about 4 cords of wood and i was abit nervous about what the cylinder and piston would look like...but it's in great shape. So I went forward with drilling and pulling out the cat in the muffler, pulled the carb limiters and installed a nice sharpened chain. It's raining now so I will be tuning in a few days.

On to the pics.
This is right before I sanded and polised the inside on the muffler. The cat was a bit tougher to remove than I expected and it took a bit of drilling and sanding to get all the mesh out.
Echomuff.jpg

I also opened up the muffler exit and took out the spark arrestor screen. Everything inside the muffler looked like new including the screen.
EchoMuff2.jpg

EchoExhaust.jpg

replaced the clutches and springs/bearings because they were a bit stretched on both my 017 and the cs400.
EchoClutch.jpg

If its anything like my 370 when i muffler modded it you will love it!

There is a guy on here that ported a Cs 400 it ran really well.

If its anything like my 370 when i muffler modded it you will love it!

There is a guy on here that ported a Cs 400 it ran really well.

I think that's the next step. I need to do some cutting so it has to work before I do that.

Back