Cub Cadet cs5220 Efco 952 muffler mod???Anyone done it??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just modded my cubby muffler and wow am i impressed with the night/day peformance increase! I think this saw has to be the easiest saw to do a muff mod on...What do you guys think? Physically you can't really tell by looking at it. I used the existing exhaust holes/slots. The one that is half the size of the other I just dremeled with a cut off wheel to make it the same size as the other...then took pliers and popped it out to max out exhaust flow! On the baffle issue...I just drilled a bunch of 1/4" holes on the bottom side where the 2 existing holes were. I didn't mess with the top side of the baffle...maybe I should have done the same to it? This is one of those muff cans that actually needs the baffle left in place to give it strength...IMO...otherwise it would collapse when you tightened it down!
This is my first muff mod....does anyone know anything else I could do???
I got another cs5220 coming as a parts saw with a fresh can on it! So if anyone has any other ideas lets hear em'!!!

I'll try and get pics soon.

Forgot to mention that i took off the needle limiters and richend things up a lil' then put them back on so the adjustment stays put.

Latest posts

Back