Cub Cadet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They appear to be the same saws they sold previously, which were Jenn Feng made "McCullochs". I never really knew where the design came from, but I believe they were MuCulloch designs, based on some styling and design similarities with the "MAC3200" family.

They must have finally gotten it though emissions.

The saws do look like the last "Remington" branded 50cc saws. Supposedly a variant do the older black "Craftsman/Mcculloch" saws.

If it is the same it is surprising that it is still availible, did not think a Cat muffler could fix that.

If it is the same it is surprising that it is still availible, did not think a Cat muffler could fix that.
Narrow (probably quad) transfers, conservative port timing, a cat and set it lean. Same approach that many others are using.

They appear to be the same saws they sold previously, which were Jenn Feng made "McCullochs". I never really knew where the design came from, but I believe they were MuCulloch designs, based on some styling and design similarities with the "MAC3200" family.

i'm quite sure the "first generation" cub cadet saws were made by efco..............and yes, this latest version looks to be mcculloch.......

i'm quite sure the "first generation" cub cadet saws were made by efco..............and yes, this latest version looks to be mcculloch.......

Yes they were made by Efco and a decent saw, I got a 56cc Cub for $268 new back then. These new ones are advertised in the mid $200 range also but if made or related to Mac certainly not worth it. Steve

Yes they were made by Efco and a decent saw, I got a 56cc Cub for $268 new back then. These new ones are advertised in the mid $200 range also but if made or related to Mac certainly not worth it. Steve
yep, i owned an N.O.S. 52cc cub by efco, never did fuel it, sold it a few years ago.............

When Mac went under, Jenn Feng bought the rights to the name McCulloch for north America sales and I believe after that is when that saw design appeared. The Mac 3200 family was a Jenn Feng made saw, and that name is the only link to the original McCulloch.

The 30cc family of JF saws can use the clutch, drum, mufflers and bar/chain from the 30cc Eeger saws. Never bother to look at engine internals. I do not know about the 50cc saws.

What I was told seemed to imply that the saws were designed(Italy) in process and to be manufactured in Mexico when the whole JF buyout occurred. Supposedly there are grey Titan labeled versions of those saws.

No idea what happened or why in terms of history but I have used up quite a few of the EB parts listed on the JFs.

What I was told seemed to imply that the saws were designed(Italy) in process and to be manufactured in Mexico when the whole JF buyout occurred. Supposedly there are grey Titan labeled versions of those saws.

Well I could be off the mark, just going by what I heard happened. If Mac was behind designing those saws, then its just as well they went belly up and should have.

I was going to add that I think the original version of this "family" of saw design was for sale at dealerships a good bit before the JF situation got under way. I know that they were availible branded as EB and that supposedly the Titan label was earlier.

This would put the family of saws starting out retail in the U.S. around the mid to late 1980s and that would make sense in terms of the supposed timeline of events. I know that in the early 1990s they were a common box store chainsaw brand and that by the mid 1990s the factory reconditioned ones were common place at discount stores and such.

When Mac went under, Jenn Feng bought the rights to the name McCulloch for north America sales and I believe after that is when that saw design appeared. The Mac 3200 family was a Jenn Feng made saw, and that name is the only link to the original McCulloch.
Not quite - my SE2012S 32cc (same as a MAC3200 but different colors) was made in 1994, well before the bankruptcy and sale in 1999. I have tried to figure out where it was made, but can't tell if it was Mexico or US.

If Mac was behind designing those saws, then its just as well they went belly up and should have.
The MAC3200 family is a small consumer saw, but a long way from junk. The chassis is sturdy with bar studs mounted into the metal housing, quad transfers and decent porting. Mine runs very well for the displacement with a muffler mod and a little more intake duration. It's getting a lot of use now that I converted it to A/V. They are easy to work on too.

The saws in question here are semi-clamshell designs with removable upper cylinders and a plastic chassis. Somewhere I got the idea the engines were Italian designs, but I don't know where I read that.

Not quite - my SE2012S 32cc (same as a MAC3200 but different colors) was made in 1994, well before the bankruptcy and sale in 1999. I have tried to figure out where it was made, but can't tell if it was Mexico or US.

The MAC3200 family is a small consumer saw, but a long way from junk. The chassis is sturdy with bar studs mounted into the metal housing, quad transfers and decent porting. Mine runs very well for the displacement with a muffler mod and a little more intake duration. It's getting a lot of use now that I converted it to A/V. They are easy to work on too.

The saws in question here are semi-clamshell designs with removable upper cylinders and a plastic chassis. Somewhere I got the idea the engines were Italian designs, but I don't know where I read that.

Well I said I might have been off the mark on the whole time frame stuff.

The 50-55 cc saws in question from the OP do seem to differ some from the ones you have a fondness for and I have no use for them at all. Junk..

In fact I had another one show up here today, the Remington version that appears to be identical to the Cub Cadet ones in question. I sent it out of here, wouldn't even touch it.

Latest posts

Back