cub

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubletodd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
my junkyard cub cadet is running!!:clap: I mentioned in another post that I brought home a cub cadet 1250 from scrapyard where I work with mower pretty complete[seat and ignition switch was robbed. i stopped at My freindly IH dealer bought a batt and switch,printed a wiring diagram, hooked her up and she popped right off.[that never happens with my projects]Still need a seat and some trinkits, it did cost me $50 scrap is way up and anothe $50 for parts. still a cheap mower and wood hauler. NOW JUST NEED TO SCROUNGE UP A UTILITY TRAILER:)
tried to insert a pic but I still suck at it

Last edited:
my junkyard cub cadet is running!!:clap: I mentioned in another post that I brought home a cub cadet 1250 from scrapyard where I work with mower pretty complete[seat and ignition switch was robbed. i stopped at My freindly IH dealer bought a batt and switch,printed a wiring diagram, hooked her up and she popped right off.[that never happens with my projects]Still need a seat and some trinkits, it did cost me $50 scrap is way up and anothe $50 for parts. still a cheap mower and wood hauler. NOW JUST NEED TO SCROUNGE UP A UTILITY TRAILER:)
tried to insert a pic but I still suck at it

You can't kill IH. The quality back then way surpasses anything produced today. International Harvester is a prime example of over building a product. They were so tuff, after one tractor was purchased it never wore out. They went bust because they couldn't sell anymore, and hardly ever broke. My father just sold one of his Super A's for $2750 with bottom plows and cultivating gear. He only paid $1500 for it in the 70's. One trick to see how much she's been run is to look at the break pedals. If the diamond tread is worn slick she's seen some serious miles. Glad to see another IH user.

Oh wait, you said cub cadet. I thought you were talking about IH Cub Tractors. Damn, dropped the ball there.

I love my farmalls. I have two cubs right now and may be getting another one this week. I also have a 100 and a 130. Hard to believe how much these tractors can do!!

IMG_1058.JPG

Doubletodd. If you ever need help with questions or manuals you can check on farmallcubcom cub cadet form. I am cowboy there but I mainly hang out in the cub and IH forms.

Billy

Our 1953 Cub runs better than most small modern tractors with 3 times the "horsepower". It's funny how a 55 year old 10hp tractor compares to a 3 month old 28 hp one...

I love my farmalls. I have two cubs right now and may be getting another one this week. I also have a 100 and a 130. Hard to believe how much these tractors can do!!

IMG_1058.JPG

Doubletodd. If you ever need help with questions or manuals you can check on farmallcubcom cub cadet form. I am cowboy there but I mainly hang out in the cub and IH forms.

Billy

I am loving that festiva in the driveway.
www.forfestiva.com

the festiva...

with what he saves in gas with the festiva is what he must use to fund his tractor hobby.

DubbleTodd I have a direct drive cordwood saw for the cub. I havent got it on yet but I cannot wait to use it. I saw somone else using one at a tractor show and had to have one. At farmallcub.com we have what we call cubfests. Which is like the GTG's here. We get together and work on each others tractors help repair tractors and have workshops to show how to rebuild parts of the tractors. Oh yea just talk and have big meals.

Thanks NC Firewood. I have a lot of fun with them but they all work! I use the cub to cut my 7 acres. Disk and grade the yard pull the log splitter plow the snow.

Hi 2FatGuys. That cub burns only 1 gallon of gas a hour full throttle and has more power than a 25hp lawn tractor. It mows 1 acre a hour. My Dad's craftsman burns more gas doing his subaran lawn in the city.

I used to drive a ford ranger 2.3L stick. I have found over the last two years its to insure two vehicles. Drive the Festiva every day and now have a 4x4 F 250 with a 7.3L diesel that almost never leaves the yard unless there is a trailer on it!!

Two years ago I spent over $2500 in eight months drivin back and fourth to work. I could have put half of that in my pocket if I had the festiva then!!!!! Gotta love it. And the little thing will still do 85mph down the road.

Bassman thanks for the website.

DumbHunter you got that right. Saved enough to buy 2 S&W yesterday. 45 M&P and a 45 1911 stainless steel.

Billy

Sounds very cool,I hope to have an actual cub someday. woulda had grandpa's but it was in my aunt's shed when he died, so she claimed it.I like the cub cadets though. The new cheapies don't hold a candle to them and I am partial to IH.I also have a old scout 800 I use around home for plowing and hauling wood

Back