Custom 046 Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Racer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been workin in a Stihl dealer for 3 Years where i started to built my passion for saws, and this year i wanted to build a slightly modafied saw for the races at our Fall Fair. I got a full stock 046 for a regular block saw, i want to build up my other 046 into something worthy of racin. My thoughts so far are, some sort of pipe or exhaust....thought of shavin a bit off the bottom of the cylinder base, and maybe opening up the ports a lil bit. If anyone can give a any advise on any topic it would be greatly appreciated.

Three words-

Washington Hot Saws.

Dean's a Sthil guy, and is happy to talk to guys on the phone. There are plenty of excellent saw builders out there, and many on this site. Check the sponsor's section.

I mention Dean because I've personally dealt with him, and because I know he specializes in Stihl.

He's a good place to start.

Jeff

Stihl Racer, do a search here for ehp's posts. He's a builder local to you, and would likely let you pick his brain.

Dean is very likely to share his knowledge with you, he's one of my favorite parts suppliers, he's got almost EVERYTHING one could imagine for almost any saw, so ask him about what to do, if you need parts, ask him, he's pretty much the goto guy, well for those who dont need new at least.

You live about 60 miles from me, so you are getting ready for the fall fair, your fall fair is stock in the cc classes and 1 open class. So your muffler has to be stock cause they will check it in the stock classes but you can do anything you want in the open class. You must be working for the M. rental store, tell Ned to give you a 088 to run

Latest posts

Back