Cuts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeypuzzle

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Took a nice cut on the top part of my left index finger today,three stitches to close it up.It is going to happen sooner or later,so be carefull guys. By a handsaw???

Corona.......Razor Tooth Saw.....pull back cutting action, :D Went through my leather gloves,I thought it was nothing until the glove was full of the red stuff.I worked for about an hour before going to the Dr. I hate needles. I was warned that the Tetnus Vac. is in short supply,so I didn't get the shot.I was sewn up back in April and bitten by a Brown Recluse 3 weeks before that so i got the Vac. then. It's a jungle out there.:eek:

When I started using handsaws I found it all too easy to cut myself, maybe they dont seem too dangerous without a 2- stroke engine, but they certainly cut the flesh very effectively.

I must be clumsy, I do it at least once a month. I just keep a roll of TP and some bandage tape handy.

Got some nice marks on my wrist from the one time I used a pole saw in a bucke. No place to stow the damn thing and I turnd around and flaid myself. (not that bad)

I've done it twice already. Vigorously handsawing through deadwood and was apparently not concentrating on how far through the cut I was. Finally I broke through and I jammed the Fanno's teeth right into my knee. Thought nothing of it until my jeans turned red. Then, last weekend, I was using the Fanno to swat twigs down and I happened to be holding the host branch of one of the twigs. One tooth of the Fanno put a hole in my finger nail. On neither of these was I raking the saw across my body...just kind of hammered the teeth into me. Only minor injuries but definitely be careful with the handsaws.

Latest posts

Back