Cuttin' for some Money

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdhershey

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've been doing some cutting (mostly on weekends) just thinning out the property and making things look nice. I have some wood that I just can't justify torching with the rest of the scraps, becuase its good wood. I would like to be able to make some money off the good stuff. I have a some solid pine, poplar, and cedar, and didn't know if there were any places around Vermont that would take this stuff. I don't like wasting it, and I wouldn't mind making a few extra bucks off the wood. Let me know what you guys think...Thanks

I would try to find the nearest sawmill and see if they would buy them. They usually have minimun sizes. I recently took a load of pine logs to the local mill. 1500 lbs on a single axle trailer. Only made $40 but it was some extra spending money.

I would try to find the nearest sawmill and see if they would buy them. They usually have minimun sizes. I recently took a load of pine logs to the local mill. 1500 lbs on a single axle trailer. Only made $40 but it was some extra spending money.

Yeah that little bit of extra money to cover gas for the saw and then some is all I really care about, I'll get in touch with a sawmill just down the road from me and see what he'll take.

Latest posts

Back