Cylinder broken fin repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErnieG

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this cylinder with a broken top fin and was debating trying to fix it or just leave it alone .
Id brother not bother fixing if it was a lower fin but being the top fin with the grommet may need some attention.
What's everyones thoughts and any good repair tips ?
I was looking at some brazing aluminum rods or possibly taking to a welder and have it repaired.
I do had access to a very good welder at work that may be able to fix this for me .
Ernie

Attachments

• KIMG2032.JPG
    KIMG2032.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 28
I have this cylinder with a broken top fin and was debating trying to fix it or just leave it alone .
Id brother not bother fixing if it was a lower fin but being the top fin with the grommet may need some attention.
What's everyones thoughts and any good repair tips ?
I was looking at some brazing aluminum rods or possibly taking to a welder and have it repaired.
I do had access to a very good welder at work that may be able to fix this for me .
Ernie
It is Likely magnesium so take care to not let oxygen around the weld ... If it starts tt burn you won't get it put out. May burn the place down. Some one with more experience might chip in with more information.

Latest posts

Back