DAKA 622FBT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travwise

Reaction score
Recently installed a DAKA 622FBT.

During first use it did not seem like the Honeywell fan controller was working. It seemed liked the stove was too hot. I used the switch and went from AUTO to MAN then back to AUTO at which time the blowers stayed on. After running for about 30 minutes the heat jacket was cool to the touch but the blowers continued to run, I tapped on the side of the controller and they shut off.

DAKA said it was very rare for the Honeywell to fail, but sent me another. I installed the new one and it seems to be having the same problem. It didn't kick on the blowers until I went from AUTO to MAN back to AUTO. Still waiting to see if they'll turn off on their own.

So I'm assuming at this point I have screwed something up during the install since it's highly unlikely both of these units would have failed right out of the box. Any thoughts on what may be going on here?

During first use it did not seem like the Honeywell fan controller was working. It seemed liked the stove was too hot. I used the switch and went from AUTO to MAN then back to AUTO at which time the blowers stayed on. After running for about 30 minutes the heat jacket was cool to the touch but the blowers continued to run, I tapped on the side of the controller and they shut off.

DAKA said it was very rare for the Honeywell to fail, but sent me another. I installed the new one and it seems to be having the same problem. It didn't kick on the blowers until I went from AUTO to MAN back to AUTO. Still waiting to see if they'll turn off on their own.

So I'm assuming at this point I have screwed something up during the install since it's highly unlikely both of these units would have failed right out of the box. Any thoughts on what may be going on here?

Hi travwise
Did you figure out your problem? I recently hooked up a Daka 622 at my house. It's odd that it turned on when tapping on it. Might be worth checking your connections. I can tell you if you are starting a fire that it may take a good 20 minutes to reach the temp that you set for the blowers to turn on. Same goes for turning off. Even though the jacket is cool, there is still heat inside.
Just curiouse, how are you're burn times? The unit heats my 2400 Sq ft house great but currently only getting about 3 hours of real good burn time.

Latest posts

Back