Dancing at the TCI Fair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinz

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
[Apologies to Ivan Doig, Dancing at the Rascal Fair (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2ULLDH033O&isbn=0684831058&itm=1). Good book.]

If anyone is coming into Baltimore the night before the TCI Expo, the regular Wednesday night contra dance will be held by the Baltimore Folk Music Society (www.bfms.org). If you're not familiar with contra dancing, try to picture the Virginia Reel scene from Gone with the Wind, but not the fancy clothes, and with more hooping and hollering. Less regimented than square dancing, but the same principle, where you alternate dancing with one specific partner with dancing with all the rest of the opposite sex in your formation (line or square). Lots of fun. I've been doing it for over 20 years. Met my wife contra dancing. No partner necessary. All dances taught and walked through. Special beginners workshop half an hour before the regular dance begins. Only style I've ever danced where the women ask the men to dance as often as vice-versa.

There may also be a Cajun/Zydeco dance the Saturday after, if anyone's staying over.

If you're interested in another dance style, or any other social or cultural activity while you're here in Baltimore, drop me an email though AS or directly to [email protected], and I'll see if I can hook you up.

-Kevin

Back