Dead Ash removal with crane

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was subbed (asked) to do this by another company as their bucket truck wouldn't reach and this Ash was very unstable and not safe to climb and rig. Used a crane co. and operator I haven't used before, this is their 35 ton crane. Man this thing was nice, got into a smaller space then the 60 tn grove I usually use. Every pick was nice and smooth. Had hydro and utility wires everywhere, sheds, garages on both sides, and was a tight backyard. 4 pics and had everything on the ground in 1.5 hours.

Nice job! Is that a edge saddle? If so, is it the same as the cougar? I had a cougar untill it got stolen and liked the belt style adjuster on the front instead of the quick snap thats on the edge.

Nice job! Is that a edge saddle? If so, is it the same as the cougar? I had a cougar untill it got stolen and liked the belt style adjuster on the front instead of the quick snap thats on the edge.

Yes it's the edge saddle, I haven't climbed in a cougar before. My one climber used to have one. I bought myself and the 2 climbers that work for me all edge saddles in August. We all love them and they are very comfy and have lots of padding and adjustment straps etc.... I have done a lot of crane work since buying it and have spent a lot of time in it. I would highly recommend it. Lots of attachments for biners, and whatever else! It's so lightweight compared to what I was used to and felt like nothing was on you! But have it dialled and can spend hours in the tree no worries or squezzing of the family jewels!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back