Defective deadends

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timber12

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Do you guys see many bad deadends? Once in a while we get some that don't want to twist onto the cable.The first twist is to tight on the long side of the deadend and it wont wrap around the cable & the short side. P.S. I know how to use them.

Do you guys see many bad deadends? Once in a while we get some that don't want to twist onto the cable.The first twist is to tight on the long side of the deadend and it wont wrap around the cable & the short side. P.S. I know how to use them.

Its usually rom improper handling. the slightest bend one way or the other will make this happen and wont be noticeable looing at it.

I have used 10's of thousands of these and this was the only way I have seen a preform be defective.....human touch

I agree with the bull. the less they are handled before needing them the better off you are.
Also anytime you get one that is putting up a fight toss it and get a new one saves the frustration.

Latest posts

Back