Did a little "carving" with the 024Super...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok, no comments from Carvinmark......i can only guess what he would say......"Hey, i am really impressed with your talent to train a Chimpanzee to use your 024..to bad he has no artistic talent!":laugh: :D
Anyway, the cants are blowdown cypress from Wilma. I promised my boss i would carve one up for him, as he is retiring(party tonight), and these cants have been sitting aroung staring at me for too long. I just cried when they cut up all of those trees and hauled them to the dump/shredder. Man i gotta get a carving bar...the 18" on the 024 is a real pain on the detail work. The big one goes to the boss..........the pic is prior to pressure cleaning.

I did cheat on the finish work with a long neck grinder & a lancelot blade. The last time i carved this stuff, my sinuses went haywire...kicked my ( l ) for 3 days, but this time it was rainning on and off all day and the wood was wet...no problems at all. So next time i will wet down the wood before cutting.
RD

Ill tell you whats a good saw for details, and thats a little Remington Mighty Mite Bantam.

Super lightweight, good balance, 10" bar..just loud, and guzzles fuel..:rock:

MotorSeven,

Curious about the maple leaf on your trucks hitch receiver. You got some Canadian in ya? Being a Canadian here in the U.S., I noticed the maple leaf right off.

Kevin

Motor, you got pretty good saw control concidering the combo you were using. Bet ya would carve alot more if you had a 12" dime tip.
Mark

Wellll...Thanks... Carvinmark, comming from you i'll take that as a mighty fine complement. I had my finger on the "buy it now " button a few times on a dime tip bar/chain combo, but haven't pulled the trigger. I am still learning, and really enjoy it. The Boss loved the big tiki and said he will use it as a base for a glass top table....interesting! I really want to do a totem, but have to screw...er..practice up on a few more cants before i tackle something like that. What's cool is that each one comes out different, and the wood kinda influences what it will become in some strange zen like way...hard to explain(cukoocukoo:laugh: :laugh:)!!

Red, i'll look up that saw, never heard of it. Back in the 70's dad had a poolan that was tiny-10 or 12" bar. It would only run without the air filter on, and we used it for years like that. Looking back it would have made a good carver.

RD

Back