Did I miss something?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckethead

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wandering around the Eastern States Exposition last Friday (originally a big agricultural show in western Mass., now a great place to buy food that is bad for you and "hotel quality" sheets) and made a point to visit the state and federal dept. of agricultural booths. There was a lot of information about the Asian Long-Horned Beetle and the Emerald Ash Borer. Both of these pests have had a devastating impact in the area. The big push now it aimed at not moving firewood to minimize the spread of these two insects. There were even lots of posters with smiling folks promising that they won't ever move firewood.

Then I noticed the sign right next to those posters for the raffle to raise money for one of the local state environmental programs. The prize.....one cord of seasoned firewood....delivered anywhere within a 20 mile radius of West Springfield. I guess the smiling people on the posters weren't the ones running the raffle.

Wow, the Big E! I haven't thought about that since I was a kid growing up in New England. That used to be quite a do.

The big E is OK if all you want to do is walk around.Other than that bring a bank roll and kiss it goodbye.

The big E is OK if all you want to do is walk around.Other than that bring a bank roll and kiss it goodbye.

Yep..Ironman hit the nail on the head! The wife and I go about every 5 years...it takes about that long to save enough $$ for the day.

Back