Didier splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the Didier splitters use a 3/4x16 thread for mounting? My son in law was given a Didier splitter and I'd like to help him with a fluid and filter change, it doesn't appear to ever been serviced.
I keep a hydraulic oil filter on hand for my WheelHorse 416H which uses a NAPA 1410 filter for the Eaton 1100 hydro tranny.

Brand: NAPA
Contents: Hydraulic Filter
Filter Media Material: Enhanced Cellulose
Fluid Type: Hydraulic
Gasket Included: Yes
Gasket Inside Diameter: 2.415 in
Gasket Outside Diameter: 2.729 in
Gasket Thickness: .2 in
Height: 3.79 in
Manufacturer: Wix
Manufacturer Part Number: 51410
Micron Rating: 21
Outside Diameter: 3.66 in in
SDS Required: No
Sub Brand: Gold
Thread Size: 3/4 in - 16
Thanks for your help​

Morning all! New member here with a new to me Didier. I believe it to be an LRF19. But not 100% sure. Been working on it on and off for a couple months now. Still having some issues, but I AM gonna get it done. :D Anyways, is there any chance someone could please email me a copy of the owners manual or whatever info you may have on it? Or anything similar. Thanks in advance! [email protected]

Attachments

• 20231030_161707[1].jpg
    20231030_161707[1].jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Would love to know how that $75.00, 4-way wedge from TSC works out.
May try it.
Update on the 4 way wedge from TSC (SKU: 135061099) - it's awesome on the Didier. Super useful for splitting straight grained wood. There are a lot of reviews that say it falls apart, but those people are using a 30 ton splitter. I've split 6 cords with the 4 way and it's still in one piece. Highly recommend!

Here's a spec sheet on Didier's - hope you can read it.

didier.jpg

Shari
Shari, I'm looking for a manual for a Didier SC26a. Would you happen to have or know where to locate one? Tom

Update on the 4 way wedge from TSC (SKU: 135061099) - it's awesome on the Didier. Super useful for splitting straight grained wood. There are a lot of reviews that say it falls apart, but those people are using a 30 ton splitter. I've split 6 cords with the 4 way and it's still in one piece. Highly recommend!
Thanks, will give it a try.

Hi !
Just recently acquired a Didier log splitter.
Can anyone help me with what year it was built and a manual if available.

Attachments

• IMG_20230520_104759751.jpg
    IMG_20230520_104759751.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Butch see the link above in Wife'nHubby post.
Hi, That manual has helped me identify the splitter that I have been using. My grandfather bought it in the 1960s. The tag says Simpsons Sears Limited and it originally worked off of his or my dad's tractor 3 point hitch and hydraulics. I think it was originally a Didier SF26. My dad converted it to a gasoline engine and pump using a Freon bottle for the hydraulic tank. I added the axle and wheels about 40 years ago. It has been in constant use by my family for about 55 years. Here it is towed behind a 1968 Rokon Trailbreaker. I usually take the wheels off and lay it flat on the ground because the stuff I split is too heavy to lift.

Attachments

• IMG_6021.JPG
    IMG_6021.JPG
    499.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6022.JPG
    IMG_6022.JPG
    496.6 KB · Views: 0
  • SEARS.jpg
    SEARS.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
Butch see the link above in Wife'nHubby post.
My SF26 does not return to neutral on the return stroke. I found the manual for the Cross SCD2E valve so I could figure out how to adjust this. It shows the connections to the cylinder are backwards. I noticed most Didiers here are plumbed the same way. Anyone know what is going on here?
1713615925406.jpeg

The stock CROSS valves on the Didier's with steel hard lines, are like most I've seen.
If you change out valve to another, that either pulls or pushes the spool, will change port output.

I had to use flex hoses to use the new valve (NOT CROSS) I installed, or if you reuse the solid steel lines, will work backwards.
Like your 2nd. picture shows.

It depends if the pivot on the valve handle pushes or pulls the spool.
The CROSS valve pulls spool out when moving forward. (pivots on bottom), my new valve PUSHES the spool in, (pivots on top)

The stock CROSS valves on the Didier's with steel hard lines, are like most I've seen.
If you change out valve to another, that either pulls or pushes the spool, will change port output.

I had to use flex hoses to use the new valve (NOT CROSS) I installed, or if you reuse the solid steel lines, will work backwards.
Like your 2nd. picture shows.

It depends if the pivot on the valve handle pushes or pulls the spool.
The CROSS valve pulls spool out when moving forward. (pivots on bottom), my new valve PUSHES the spool in, (pivots on top)
Thanks for the reply. I have the stock Cross valve with the steel lines. The lines are backwards according to the Cross valve instruction manual. I do not plan to swap out the valve. I was just trying to fix the return stroke not going to neutral when it bottoms. I thought maybe installing the valve per the factory manual might fix the problem. This is not a show stopper because everyone who uses this splitter knows to manually return the valve to neutral at the end of the return stroke.

Here's a spec sheet on Didier's - hope you can read it.

didier.jpg

Shari
I originally thought I had a 3 point SF26 Didier splitter but I just did the math and my cylinder is 3.5" which works out to 9-1/2 tons at 2,000 PSI not 12-1/2 tons. A 26" log will fit and the cylinder stroke is 24". I would need a 4.0" cylinder to get 12-1/2 ton at 2,000 PSI. My splitter also does not have a plate on top of the I-beam. The pusher rides directly on the I-beam and the shoes are steel not brass like other Didiers that I see here. Also the mounting plate that my dad bought back in the 1970s mounts the engine and pump on the right side of the cylinder not behind like what I see here. This Canadian splitter is definitely 1960s vintage because my grandfather passed away in 1970. I remember him using it on his John Deere tractor. The cylinder tag says SIMPSONS SEARS LIMITED - CANADA, MODEL # 498.286711. Hmm, also possible my dad swapped in a newer cylinder. Any clue as to what I have?1713808263042.jpeg

Latest posts

Back