diference between timber wolf tw5 and tw6

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wondering what the major difference is between the tw-5 and tw-6.I just got a contract from a nursery that wants all my wood split he will drop trailer off and we load it.the trailer is 40 ft long and said we will be able to get 45 face cords in trailer.Which splitter would u go with and reasons why.I am trying to buy a used one for now until we make some money probably go to a processor when we can afford it.This going to be long term relationship with splitting and suppling wood for him.Anyone who has a used Tw5 or 6 let me know. Thanks fireman.

the price diferrence is alot is it wort it

Depending on what "a lot" is, I doubt it. 8 or 10 seconds is a lot faster than most splitters out there.

Get the 5 and invest in the table grate,log lift and optional 6-way wedge. In your scenario I'd also plunk down the coin for a conveyor. Split right into the trailer.

the price is about $2000 diference $7500 tw5 $9500 tw6 trying to fine a used one.what about rayco any word on those, price the same as tw-5 i know the rayco has a 1 month waiting list

the price is about $2000 diference $7500 tw5 $9500 tw6 trying to fine a used one.what about rayco any word on those, price the same as tw-5 i know the rayco has a 1 month waiting list

Man for the price of the TW-6 you could buy 3 super splitters. You would have that 45 face cords split in a day with 3 super splitters running and still have time. I know Timber Wolfe makes a nice unit but it's not as fast as he super splitter and it looks like you are wanting speed. There was a person on hear about a month ago that bought a super splitter. They now have a Timberwolfe for sale. If you are dead set on a Wolfe you might want to check into that. I have a processor that I will part with if you really want one. PM me if you are interested. It has a 40hp Kubota diesel and an elevator.

Scott

I was wondering what the major difference is between the tw-5 and tw-6.I just got a contract from a nursery that wants all my wood split he will drop trailer off and we load it.the trailer is 40 ft long and said we will be able to get 45 face cords in trailer.Which splitter would u go with and reasons why.I am trying to buy a used one for now until we make some money probably go to a processor when we can afford it.This going to be long term relationship with splitting and suppling wood for him.Anyone who has a used Tw5 or 6 let me know. Thanks fireman.

I would like to see a picture of this 40ft trailer with 45 cords of wood on it. Your only talking 150,000# give or take. You will more than likely get 26 or 27 ricks on that trailer if it is at least 96 inchs wide, and you stack it. Then you are talking 45,000# give or take.

Last edited:
I would like to see a picture of this 40ft trailer with 45 cords of wood on it. Your only talking 150,000# give or take. You will more than likely get 26 or 27 ricks on that trailer if it is at least 96 inchs wide, and you stack it. Then you are talking 45,000# give or take.

45 FACE cords. very doable from a volume standpoint. 4'x8'x16".

the truck will hold 45 face cords not 45 cords unless u have on of those 20 story dump trucks in northern Minnesota 15 cords yes it will hold

Either way, what are you going to pull it with? 45,000#s DOT is going to ask a few questions!!!

nursery has a semi to pull it. he drops, we load, he picks trailer back up when full. I neeeeeeed a splitter any one that has tw-5 or 6 let me know please

I picked up a tw-5 today and it seems fast but I did have some green elm it wouldn't split. Also Rayco of Michigan has units in stock and they have a east (Detriot) and a west side(Grand Rapids area) store. Almost went that route but got a better deal on the TW. Good Luck, I missed out on some used units on E-bay but thare aren't many out there.

I picked up a tw-5 today and it seems fast but I did have some green elm it wouldn't split. Also Rayco of Michigan has units in stock and they have a east (Detriot) and a west side(Grand Rapids area) store. Almost went that route but got a better deal on the TW. Good Luck, I missed out on some used units on E-bay but thare aren't many out there.

What was the nature of the elm; crotch, knarly, length, diameter, type ?

tw5

i got a tw5 that i got stuck one time on a 3foot around 18 inch long with the 4 way still on it. Backed it off set the one way and then the 4 way for each side and no issues she eats anything i have ever put in front of it. 6 want ad grate coming in the spring but get the conveyor for the loading it in the dump.

The elm was a chunk from just above the stump about 30" dia and 2 foot long. Had the 4 way on but it was just cut and juice was oozin out as I tried to split. I just came in from splitting about a face and a half in about an hour and had some knotty oak and crotchs from that oak and poped it no problem.

Back