DirecTV or Cable? I'm sure an arborist can help me.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Great, the thread was re-opened. We can now wrap it up nicely.

Thanks to all for your advise, I really got the answers I was looking for. The answer I hear for my main question: Don't top off this Cedar because it will re-grow ugly from there.

I'm going to go with the suggestion of having someone knowledgeable to do a minor clipping the side branches that are getting in the way and if that doesn't help, then cable it is. Although the tree may be close to the house, I wouldn't want removing it, but I'm going to start another thread to talk about that. The lines seen in some of the pics are not power, just telephone and video so my front trees don't seem to be in the sight of the butcher.

Because of other trees in the house, there's just no other location for the dish. I know a little bit about locating a dish, and two DTV installers confirmed that. No chimney+pole option, no pole in the yard, not even the neighbor's roof. Maybe only on top of the tree. (Nice!)

m.-

Newfie said:
Hmmm, and I bet you guys thought I was being an unhelpful, insensitive jerk.
Paranoia's striking a bit dep here, aintit?
Probably only a a short term solution though.
It was a well-intentioned but maybe impractical idea. Tree would sway too much to catch the signal, wouldn't it?

Ekka you must have a mind like a steel trap. If it ain't about trees I tend to forget. sumthin about dans throry that the guy worked for a cable company?
nut my post on that is still in. o well who cares?

That's OK Treeseer, he's gone from Super Sleuth to the dog house for it. And he wont be getting brownie points for hosing or hanging with the stooges. We may make a respectable treeman yet!

Latest posts

Back