Disston DO-100 Two Man Carburetor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullseye13

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I recently acquired one of these with a really sweet helper hadle, i cleaned up the whole saw an most of the original decals are still there. Cleaned up the points, have a nice hot blue spark.

Now the question of the hour: HAS ANYONE EVER MADE CARB DIAPHRAMS FOR THESE???

This carb is an absolute abortion! I have never seen a carb and fuel pump system with so many springs, diaphrams, fuel pumps, widgets, and doo-hickeys.....EVER!!!

Any help would be appreciated, the diaphram thickness is .011", i am hoping someone could give advise on the base material to make these out of and any other tips and tricks. I am very experienced with cutting gaskets and the like so it wont be an issue doing that, but i am unsure where to start material wise, and what to do with the diaphram with the GIANT needle pressed onto it.

I already have a new fuel pump diaphram for the AC fuel pump.....from an old Kohler K-series haha.

I recently acquired one of these with a really sweet helper hadle, i cleaned up the whole saw an most of the original decals are still there. Cleaned up the points, have a nice hot blue spark.

Now the question of the hour: HAS ANYONE EVER MADE CARB DIAPHRAMS FOR THESE???

This carb is an absolute abortion! I have never seen a carb and fuel pump system with so many springs, diaphrams, fuel pumps, widgets, and doo-hickeys.....EVER!!!

Any help would be appreciated, the diaphram thickness is .011", i am hoping someone could give advise on the base material to make these out of and any other tips and tricks. I am very experienced with cutting gaskets and the like so it wont be an issue doing that, but i am unsure where to start material wise, and what to do with the diaphram with the GIANT needle pressed onto it.

I already have a new fuel pump diaphram for the AC fuel pump.....from an old Kohler K-series haha.

Yes diaphragms can be made from Buna-N synthetic sheet material for these old saws. Google that name, Buna-N and there will be some reading material for you.

Thank you, i will check into that. I am just unsure how this thin is supposed to work with no adjusting screws.....This should be a learning experience.

Back