Do You Fertilize "MATURE" Trees?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm still iffy on introducing mycorrhizae. but there is a lot of work going into developing better bio-stimulants, so hopefully in the coming years I'll feel more confident that the little guys aren't just dying as soon as I introduce them.

Don't worry, you aren't killing them..................they weren't alive when you got them. (have seen several reports of universities who studied them and they aren't real promising)

here is one
and another
less "scientific"...but easier to read

Curious, what biostimulates do you use that you've found success with?

Curious, what biostimulates do you use that you've found success with?
well, we only just started integrating more biostims and PGRs into our treatment regimes in the last two years, so i don't have a lot of data yet. I am more convinced of the benifits of Paclobutrazol than anything else.
have seen several reports of universities who studied them and they aren't real promising)
the longevity of beneficial bacteria seem to be more promising for sure. it's so tough tho, going to seminars about these new techniques and half of it feels a little like a song and dance, you know? I think the mycorrihizae that are naturally produced and packaged have shown to be a lot tougher to being introduced into a landscape. But that is so so so much more expensive and also restricts application to time of planting. The vat grown myco is definitely all cozy until they all die when suddenly they are exposed to the world outside of a carefully regulated vat.

But PGRs plus Biostimulants like amino acids and benificial bacteria show a lot of promise for improved drought resistance especially. which, I'm all about.

With PGRs in particular, I'm fairly certain that i would have lost a handful of trees already to root related damage if it wasn't for the Paclobutrazol.

Back