Dolmar 6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So? "both" will probably run forever.......

I gave 362 a year to impress me. It's not done that so it's going to find a new home. I love Dolmar stuff but if the 6100 is closely related the 362 I'm not interested.

I was really going to look hard into getting this saw when it came out but not surre now. I have a 6400 and a 510 so no real need for another 60cc saw? Although i should be lighter than my 6400 i don't think it will cut with it?

That's not an issue at all. Put a 79 or 84cc kit on the 6400 and buy the 6000. Problem solved.

So do you think the 6401 will be done away with one the 6100 comes out here?? What about in Europe where it is already out, is the 6401 still selling there?? Another question would be how is the price going to compare to the MS362 or 562xp over here?? Dolmar's prices used to be on the low side but i have noticed they have crept up in the past couple years?? At my dealer i can get a 7910 for $989 + tax and a 372XP for 849 + tax? I know most will say i'm not comparing apples to apples. But it is $140 diff. Just say'n. I would assume it will be close to what the 6401 is selling for now???

I imagine the number of guys doing the BB conversion on 6400's will have it down to a plug n play deal before long(if not already).
I can do a 6400-7900 swap in under 1hr if the saw isn't too dirty...

Dolmar 6100 vs. Husky 562xp (not to speak of the lighter 560xp) isn't a matter of a just couple of (or a few) ounces, and the other differences you listed either doesn't apply, or go the other way.

The 6100 just doesn't look very interesting, unless you are a rather desperate Dolmar fan - but I am sure it is a decent saw! ;)

I'd like to see the price for both. Husky is pretty proud of those auto tunes. Not saying they shouldn't be. 13.2 lbs seems pretty heavy but there are cuts to be made on weight. Seems like every time I open a dolmar muffler they loose 5-6oz. Before we get to far I'd like to see price, actual weights from a postal scale, and performance in the cut. Seems like auto tunes have a smaller gains to be had from porting as well. You also have to have a really good dealer with the computer/ electronics to fix/tune the husky's. those dealers are very few and very very far between around my parts.

Another question would be how is the price going to compare to the MS362 or 562xp over here?? Dolmar's prices used to be on the low side but i have noticed they have crept up in the past couple years?? At my dealer i can get a 7910 for $989 + tax and a 372XP for 849 + tax? I know most will say i'm not comparing apples to apples. But it is $140 diff. Just say'n. I would assume it will be close to what the 6401 is selling for now???
I would compare prices on the 7300 vs 372xp.

I wouldn't assume too much on the price. I would guess between 5105 and 6400 price.

So do you think the 6401 will be done away with one the 6100 comes out here?? What about in Europe where it is already out, is the 6401 still selling there?? Another question would be how is the price going to compare to the MS362 or 562xp over here?? Dolmar's prices used to be on the low side but i have noticed they have crept up in the past couple years?? At my dealer i can get a 7910 for $989 + tax and a 372XP for 849 + tax? I know most will say i'm not comparing apples to apples. But it is $140 diff. Just say'n. I would assume it will be close to what the 6401 is selling for now???
The 6400 will not be going anywhere. It's one of Dolmar's biggest moving units, so they will want it around. The 6100 is, despite hp being close, a different kind of saw in terms of application and feel. As for pricing, I am hearing about $600 retail. That would be a very attractive saw at that price versus the MS362 and 562XP. Every manufacturer's prices are creeping up, including Dolmar, but I think they are still very reasonable.

The 7910 is a very nice and robust saw... Your dealer's price on it is too high though. Should be ~850 or so. IIRC...
That being said, I agree with ST on the 562 being the one the others are chasing...
I wonder how the 6100 will mod???
That will make a difference to me for sure...

The 6100 is as close to a twin of the MS362 as it gets, according to specs and test result from KWF. Both are heavier and weaker than the 562xp, and no autotune or revboost.

Thats a great complement to the 6100. It doesnt get any better than being just like a Stihl model. it shows when you are number 1 everyone wants to be you.

I have a potential lead on a 6400 to BB, but I'm still thinking of waiting on the 6100. I've actually come around to the look. I'm sure it'll look great melting through some red oak. :rock:

I have a potential lead on a 6400 to BB, but I'm still thinking of waiting on the 6100. I've actually come around to the look. I'm sure it'll look great melting through some red oak. :rock:

The 6100 isn't really an alternative to a 6400 with a 7900 top end, if that is what you are referring to - and it surely is uglier. :msp_wink:

Thats a great complement to the 6100. It doesnt get any better than being just like a Stihl model. it shows when you are number 1 everyone wants to be you.

The 362 is not exactly a win for Stihl...
Stacked up against the 562, it's woefully inadequate...
I, being a Dolmar fan, can only hope the new 6100 mods well, because just being a little better than the 362, isn't enough for me to get excited about it...
Though I'll probably get one...:msp_sneaky:

The 362 is not exactly a win for Stihl...
Stacked up against the 562, it's woefully inadequate...
I, being a Dolmar fan, can only hope the new 6100 mods well, because just being a little better than the 362, isn't enough for me to get excited about it...
Though I'll probably get one...:msp_sneaky:

Funny how the pros in my line of work seem to really like the 362, and many have given up on the 562 due to reliability issues.....When they downsize from a Husky 372, they generally go to the Stihl 362. Oh, and BTW, 99% of them run stock saws. Pros generally run stock saws.

Go figure.

Funny how the pros in my line of work seem to really like the 362, and many have given up on the 562 due to reliability issues.....When they downsize from a Husky 372, they generally go to the Stihl 362. Oh, and BTW, 99% of them run stock saws. Pros generally run stock saws.

Go figure.

I've had 362 a year and stock for stock it barely hangs with a 555. I'm not impressed. The 562 is wildly popular around pros who read directions on warm starts.

Pros reading directions? Who'da thunk it

Go figure.

Too bad for them... I run modified saws...

Back