Dolmar 7900 EPA problems?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zemmo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
There's a rumor going around that the 7900 might be disapproved for sale in the US. Any truth to it? Anyone know? TIA

Lakeside53 said:
In about 7 days!

:hmm3grin2orange: Do not forget to throw away the old saws and buy the new approved models. Hate to get caught with an un-approved one.:monkey:

But if I understand correctly, Dolmar can sell the 7900's they have already imported. Right?

I haven't gotten around to buying a second one to salt away, and I have been thinking I have some time yet. Since no real dealer in these parts (the Dolmar site misleading in this regard) I am still trying to decide the easiest way for me to pick up a 5100 and another 7900. Wish it wasn't so hard, but in this area Dolmar just doesn't have an actual presence yet.

What is Dolmar telling it's dealers about the 7900 and epa regs for 2007?

Seems like the Dolmar dealers here get real quiet when the subject comes up..

Not trying to be a wiseazz. Really want to know as a customer...:popcorn:

There has been no official communication from Dolmar regarding what will happen when the new regs take effect. ( Nothing from Husky or Jonsered either) It's worth me making a call or e-mail to them to find out. The guys up at the cutting edge usually know more about this than anyone.

I'm not sure to what extant companies can continue to use credits from "clean" saws to offset some of the non-compliant ones, as those credits are increasingly hard to come by. I do know that Dolmar will be introducing a 4-stroke saw on the 5100 frame. I'm told in power it is somewhere between the 510 and the 5100.

I know that Husky had the 362XP's on a closeout sheet that was faxed about a month ago. Also, they pretty much dumped the 357's on a really sweet deal that most dealers didn't even know about. I suspect that we will be seeing E-tech versions of this saw in 2007 as we did with the 346 last year.

My experience is that companies like to avoid making announcments on something like this until it actually happens.

Personally, I think it would hurt Dolmars rising popularity if they had to water down the 7900 or the 5100. Both of these saws are getting noticed because they both blow away comparable Stihls and Huskys. And they have to be better to get noticed, because "just as good" won't get people to give them a look.

There has been no official communication from Dolmar regarding what will happen when the new regs take effect. ( Nothing from Husky or Jonsered either) It's worth me making a call or e-mail to them to find out. The guys up at the cutting edge usually know more about this than anyone.

I'm not sure to what extant companies can continue to use credits from "clean" saws to offset some of the non-compliant ones, as those credits are increasingly hard to come by. I do know that Dolmar will be introducing a 4-stroke saw on the 5100 frame. I'm told in power it is somewhere between the 510 and the 5100.

I know that Husky had the 362XP's on a closeout sheet that was faxed about a month ago. Also, they pretty much dumped the 357's on a really sweet deal that most dealers didn't even know about. I suspect that we will be seeing E-tech versions of this saw in 2007 as we did with the 346 last year.

My experience is that companies like to avoid making announcments on something like this until it actually happens.

Personally, I think it would hurt Dolmars rising popularity if they had to water down the 7900 or the 5100. Both of these saws are getting noticed because they both blow away comparable Stihls and Huskys. And they have to be better to get noticed, because "just as good" won't get people to give them a look.

Kinda heard from a reliable source BUT if I tole ya id have to shoot ya...:ices_rofl: I also heard about new "RED POWER" technology for some new models passing emissions with out the STRATO weight gains

Back