Dolmar/Makita chain oiler leak repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giles

Giles

ArboristSite Operative
I have noticed that a few people complain about their chainsaw leaking bar oil. I discovered that my newely acquired Makita DCS 520i was also leaking pretty bad and decided to investigate.
Mine was leaking from the oil pick up pipe where it comes through the housing.
I drained and flushed the oil tank and used compressed air to help dry it. I then removed the oil pump assembly and the tube. I cleaned the hole in the tank and the tube with Lacquer thinner and allowed to dry.
I then coated the sealing part of the tube with automotive type Silicone Glue/Sealant and left the cap off the tank overnight. I also filled the depression with app. 1/4" of Silicone.
So far, it hasn't leaked.
It might work for you.:msp_smile:

VINIFIREWOOD

VINIFIREWOOD

I only no what I know
I have noticed that a few people complain about their chainsaw leaking bar oil. I discovered that my newely acquired Makita DCS 520i was also leaking pretty bad and decided to investigate.
Mine was leaking from the oil pick up pipe where it comes through the housing.
I drained and flushed the oil tank and used compressed air to help dry it. I then removed the oil pump assembly and the tube. I cleaned the hole in the tank and the tube with Lacquer thinner and allowed to dry.
I then coated the sealing part of the tube with automotive type Silicone Glue/Sealant and left the cap off the tank overnight. I also filled the depression with app. 1/4" of Silicone.
So far, it hasn't leaked.
It might work for you.:msp_smile:

+1
I did basically the same with my 540. Been 2 years now, no leaks.

Latest posts