Dolmar PS-350: catalytic converter removal, porting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

802climber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently got a fairly new Dolmar PS-350 and I want to remove the catalytic converter. Is this just a simple matter of taking off the muffler, unbolting the cat then putting the muffler back on? Or is there more to it than that? Haven't even had the muffler off yet.

Also, should I look into porting it, or just leave it alone?

Yes, I know... I would have gotten the PS-420 but i got a sweet deal on the 350 which is turning out to be a great little saw.:chainsawguy:

The cat is easy to take off, but not quite as easy as unbolting. It has a couple spot welds (can't remember how many) that you just drill out.

ok. so drill out the spot welds, and the cat comes off... just put the muffler back on and that's it?

what about porting this thing? it will probably already be pretty loud with the cat gone right?

oh, and also: how important is it to follow what dolmar says about using a different oil-gas ratio if you're using non-dolmar oil? i've ran it for awhile now on stihl/husky gas mix...

Last edited:
oh, and also: how important is it to follow what dolmar says about using a different oil-gas ratio if you're using non-dolmar oil? i've ran it for awhile now on stihl/husky gas mix...

I've read that the manufacturers say that to cover themselves in case a no-name brand inferior oil is used.
Of course, Stihl/Husky mix would not be in that category.

As long as you use a good name brand 2 cycle oil meant for air cooled (not water cooled) engines, you should be ok.

:cheers:

Well it is now cat-less.. Did not remove the whole cat just gutted out all that honeycomb stuff from in there. Had it tuned (turned up) by my boss and it is ripping. Really opens up now. It aint a 420 but the price was right..

Last edited:
Back