Dolmar PS 510... anybody have one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just wondered if anybody has a Dolmar PS 510 ?
I'm looking at one, I think it has "easy start" if I remember correctly.
What do you think of them?
Are there any prolific dealers/outlets that sell piston/cylinder kits for them... other than what I see on Ebay?

Very little aftermarket support. A new top end is $150 plus and if it needs it you might as well get the power bump from a 5100s or 5105 top end.

Very little aftermarket support. A new top end is $150 plus and if it needs it you might as well get the power bump from a 5100s or 5105 top end.

Thanks cuinrearview. Did not know about any of the top end information you gave. Much appreciated.
I just wonder if its worth fixing, or if anybody even likes them.

Thanks cuinrearview. Did not know about any of the top end information you gave. Much appreciated.
I just wonder if its worth fixing, or if anybody even likes them.
I've built a few. Very versatile saws. Great AV and class leading power(5100 and 5105). There were a couple issues with the 5100s but they were sporadic and mostly corrected in the 5105. Lots of saws out there putting wood in the shed with no issues. The only legit complaint is that they're a little tubby. I'll take that for the way they're built.

I've used two piston kits from Lil Red Barn in the 510's. Have had good luck with them. They have been cutting firewood for well over a year now.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
The one I did was fine for a stock build. I wish they made the skirts at least as wide as OEM. The Dolpima "kolben" on ebay does not fit as delivered. The inside of the skirts hit the crank weights at BDC. I thinned them some to work. It ran fine after that but I wouldn't buy again.

Latest posts

Back