Dolmar ps 510 parts availibility.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacklefty

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys, just got my first saw 09 dolmar ps 510 and am having trouble finding any after market availability for a piston and ring as well as the suction hose Intake boot. I can find factory piston for around $90 but am working on a budget and would like to spend around $50 total for the boot, piston and gskt. Anyone know of an aftermarket company that supply store decent parts for the 510?

Thanks,

Hi guys, just got my first saw 09 dolmar ps 510 and am having trouble finding any after market availability for a piston and ring as well as the suction hose Intake boot. I can find factory piston for around $90 but am working on a budget and would like to spend around $50 total for the boot, piston and gskt. Anyone know of an aftermarket company that supply store decent parts for the 510?

Thanks,
only one AM manufacturer of pistons that i am aware of for these saws and that is VEC. There is no AM for the intake boot or gaskets.

OEM piston is $85, intake $27.20, base gasket $3.73.

new OEM P&C for a 510 is $130.

Do you recommend doing the 5105 p&c upgrade if I'm going to go that route any ways? I pulled the jug and piston because I was getting a hard start after warm up with flooding. I rebuilt the carb and did compression both hot and cold (140 hot & 150 cold) which I believe is ok. The was minor scoring on the exhaust side of the piston which is why i was looking for just a piston.

It ended up being the boot was rolled over the intake and ended up coming apart. Causing the hard start with flood. So if it is worth getting the 5105 p&c should I save my money and do that or stick with the stock piston and clean up the scoring on the jug since the compression is o.k.

This whole explosion of AM stuff is a new concept. It didn't exist 10 years ago, hardly. I still am not sold on the whole concept where higher quality OEM can be had for $130 p/c...
With Stihl/husky/jred seriously dropping prices on the major cost replacement parts and the AM stuff being so much lower quality on the cheaper end of the consumables i dont see much need to AM parts. How much do you really save on fuel lines for example....OEM $6 vs AM $4 but the OEM parts last twice as long

I understand that very well because I'm an auto tech and see the high price people pay for cheap aftermarket parts. But in all honesty
I got this saw for $100 because someone couldn't tune the carb. And my wife already thinks $100 is too much. Happy wife happy life if you know what I mean.

Do you recommend doing the 5105 p&c upgrade if I'm going to go that route any ways? I pulled the jug and piston because I was getting a hard start after warm up with flooding. I rebuilt the carb and did compression both hot and cold (140 hot & 150 cold) which I believe is ok. The was minor scoring on the exhaust side of the piston which is why i was looking for just a piston.

It ended up being the boot was rolled over the intake and ended up coming apart. Causing the hard start with flood. So if it is worth getting the 5105 p&c should I save my money and do that or stick with the stock piston and clean up the scoring on the jug since the compression is o.k.
clean up the piston you have....install a new ring, intake, carb and run it.

i say carb because from experience those carbs are not rebuildable. upgrading to a 5105 P&C is an expensive deal and IMHO is not worth it unless you get a pristine saw for dirt cheap.

edit: clean up the existing piston depends on the current condition...post some pics of it and we can give better advice

Latest posts

Back