Dolmar Ps5100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love mine, only had it about two weeks. Fast and the smoothest saw I have ever had. It is so smooth that it does not feel as fast as my 346. But when you stop and pay attention to how fast it is going through the wood, you realize that is is super fast.

I like mine with 3/8" chain, Freakingstang has done some timed tests and concluded that that is the fastest set up.

Jim

:hmm3grin2orange:
begleytree said:
5100S, no better saw on the market in the 40-65cc range, imo ...
At least not in the 50 to 55 cc class......:hmm3grin2orange:

I believe it is a dud, compared to the MS361.....

Edit;
See post 30.

Last edited:
SawTroll said:
:hmm3grin2orange:
At least not in the 50 to 55 cc class......:hmm3grin2orange:

I believe it is a dud, compared to the MS361.....

I have a 360 pro and the 5100 makes it look sick. I cant believe there's that much difference going to the 361.
Heck, in smaller wood, it stays with my 372xp
372xp pulls ahead slightly in stuff over 18"
-Ralph

begleytree said:
I have a 360 pro and the 5100 makes it look sick. I cant believe there's that much difference going to the 361.
-Ralph

It's nice after we all waiting for 18 mos. or so that the 5100 was everything that Dolmar claimed!!!

powerlifter said:
What are your thoughts on the Dolmar PS5100? I am thinking about purchasing one.

There is a old feller on here called Sugarbush. He sells Dolmar and dealer or no dealer opinion I think he's honest as they come. He loves the 5100..

fishhuntcutwood said:
Where's old Sugarbush at? He sells these things....

Nice saw by all accounts.

Welcome to AS. Would I have seen you on any of the BB forums? I lurk on them alot, but not a member.

Jeff[/QUOTE hello jeff, i'm not a sponser so have to be careful on what i say, but other's have spoken so highly of the 5100 i couldn't ad anything except there right, it's a winner.Btw, Did your dad find a place to hunt?

As you'll find it said many times on this site, make sure you consider dealer support. I would have bought the 5100 but there was no dealer nearby. Bought the MS361 and have no regrets, especially since the dealer is local and I got a super deal.

buzz sawyer said:
As you'll find it said many times on this site, make sure you consider dealer support. I would have bought the 5100 but there was no dealer nearby. Bought the MS361 and have no regrets, especially since the dealer is local and I got a super deal.
Buzz, you done the right thing, buy local, dealer support is very important. dolmar is pushing hard to get more dealer's but will take time. if they keep putting out winner's like the 5100 it will happen. But you did buy a good saw in the ms361.

sugarbush said:
Buzz, you done the right thing, buy local, dealer support is very important. dolmar is pushing hard to get more dealer's but will take time. if they keep putting out winner's like the 5100 it will happen. But you did buy a good saw in the ms361.

Thanks! I have learnt a thingertwo since finding this site. The second thing is you never have enough saws! :hmm3grin2orange:

sugarbush said:
hello jeff, i'm not a sponser so have to be careful on what i say, but other's have spoken so highly of the 5100 i couldn't ad anything except there right, it's a winner.Btw, Did your dad find a place to hunt?

Just 'cause you ain't a sponsor don't mean you can't give your opinion. Look at Thall, he spreads opinion all over the place! :laugh: :laugh:

My dad's been on the road alot lately. He's up in Canada right now, to be home in the next day or two. He's got your number. I'm suprised he hasn't called yet. I'll get on him about it.

And with all this 5100 talk, tell you what Sugarbush, next time I drive through Brainerd, I'll buy one off of ya...count on it. That's not a hollow promise, next time I drive through and can bring one home with me, I'll take one off your hands.

Jeff

Does anybody know how there warranty is I know a guy that uses his daily and now it is leaking air?
Not saying they are a bad saw. All manufactures have bad days.
He has had the saw for four months now?

fishhuntcutwood said:
Just 'cause you ain't a sponsor don't mean you can't give your opinion. Look at Thall, he spreads opinion all over the place! :laugh: :laugh:

My dad's been on the road alot lately. He's up in Canada right now, to be home in the next day or two. He's got your number. I'm suprised he hasn't called yet. I'll get on him about it.

And with all this 5100 talk, tell you what Sugarbush, next time I drive through Brainerd, I'll buy one off of ya...count on it. That's not a hollow promise, next time I drive through and can bring one home with me, I'll take one off your hands.

Jeff

So true there Jeff, he can say his opinion like anyone else. The thing about that 5100 is all the opinions seems to be the same , a great saw. Sugar you got a PM, answer it will ya.

begleytree said:
-Ralph
Well From what I am to understand the 361 is a totally new design from the 360.
I just find it hard to believe that the 5100 can stay up with a lot bigger saw like the 372xp in 18" wood.

THALL10326 said:
So true there Jeff, he can say his opinion like anyone else. The thing about that 5100 is all the opinions seems to be the same , a great saw. Sugar you got a PM, answer it will ya.

The thing about ol' Sugarbush though is that he's such a good, humble guy, he'd not presume to impart his opinion on anyone unless'n they ask for it like you and I did up in this thread.

manual said:
Does anybody know how there warranty is I know a guy that uses his daily and now it is leaking air?
Not saying they are a bad saw. All manufactures have bad days.
He has had the saw for four months now?

Just tell this guy to take it to the dealer he bought it from and they should take care of it.

manual said:
Well From what I am to understand the 361 is a totally new design from the 360.
I just find it hard to believe that the 5100 can stay up with a lot bigger saw like the 372xp in 18" wood.

I have a Professional tree service that just told that to me this week. That the 5100 he just bought three weeks ago would cut with his 372 in average wood which would be 15-18" around here.

Latest posts

Back