Dolmar Ps5100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure that Dolmar stands by there Saws. Just wondering what type of warranty they have.
I just find that hard to believe. the 5100 is that strong. What size chain is he using.
What you are telling me is that the 5100 stands up to the 7900,372 and the 440. in 18' and smaller.

manual said:
I sure that Dolmar stands by there Saws. Just wondering what type of warranty they have.
I just find that hard to believe. the 5100 is that strong. What size chain is he using.
What you are telling me is that the 5100 stands up to the 7900,372 and the 440. in 18' and smaller.

Not an easy answer to an easy question. I have read the warranty and I have questions on exactly what it means. I called Dolmar and was referred to my Distributor who was not available at the time. I plan to visit the Dolmar Booth at the Expo in Louisville this coming week and get some better answers. I can say for our dealership we have a special policy that we ourselves give to all our customers who purchase Dolmars from us. Our Store Policy is one year commercial and two years consumer. Even if Dolmar was to refuse a warranty our store will cover it if we feel it is a warranty issue. However I have never filed a warranty claim to Dolmar so I'm not saying they will not honor something. ( I don't want to assume anything)

As far as the cutting against bigger saws thats an easy one, If you are cutting a smaller log that doesn't need that 5.4hp and the 5100 saw turns up 14,000 rpm and it holds it's own it should cut with bigger saws. However in a larger piece of wood the more horsepower will prevail. I know it's hard to believe that it's that strong but you need to try it yourself. Tony

Uwharrie said:
I know it's hard to believe that it's that strong but you need to try it yourself. Tony
Very true
My 5100 is wearing a 18" 3/8 72LG 7 pin
My 372xp is wearing a 20" 3/8 72LG 8 pin
at first I thought something was wrong with the husky, as it turns out, it's just that the 5100 cuts that darn good!
yep, average wood here is 15-18 too
-Ralph

That I can do the guy selling them around here have loaners. or the when the other guy gets his fixed I'll give her a try.
This sounds like an eye opener.

fishhuntcutwood said:
The thing about ol' Sugarbush though is that he's such a good, humble guy, he'd not presume to impart his opinion on anyone unless'n they ask for it like you and I did up in this thread.

So true Jeff, ole Sugarbush is not only a humble guy he's a great guy. I just had the pleasure of chatting with him on the phone for about 30 minutes. He's a class act all the way. Sugar has always got a high five from me and even more so after talking to him. He's one great guy.

THALL10326 said:
So true Jeff, ole Sugarbush is not only a humble guy he's a great guy. I just had the pleasure of chatting with him on the phone for about 30 minutes. He's a class act all the way. Sugar has always got a high five from me and even more so after talking to him. He's one great guy.

You need to go meet the fella. He won't let you leave until you run a new 7900!

fishhuntcutwood said:
You need to go meet the fella. He won't let you leave until you run a new 7900!

Would love to meet ole Sugar one of these days. Not many like ole Sugarbush. Very fine gentleman indeed.

fishhuntcutwood said:
This has turned into the Sugarbush appreciation thread! :hmm3grin2orange: :bowdown:

Long overdue. I've always like that sucker. He and me sorta think the sameway, just hand me the saw and get out the way, my kinda man....

SawTroll said:
I believe it is a dud, compared to the MS361.....
:blush: :monkey: HE HE - I shouldn't have put it that way, the fact is that the 5100S have about the same power to weight ratio as the MS361 and 346xp.....;)

Last edited:
the weight an power are a little less but over here there is a huge difference in price the 5100 is almost half of the 361 in cost. My wallet would probably notice that more than anything. The local dealer hasn't seen one yet but may get them in the middle of oct. he said depending on what he worked out with the middle man he may be able to send one out the door for about 400 before taxes. I know freak said he got one alot closer to 300 with out a bar and chain. If I had a need right now I would look into it further but I have a nice 346xp that I am fairly happy with, If I want more power I will grab the 357 or 371/372. The dolmar dealer is a guy that sells out of his garage about 15 miles away. The husky dealer my dad went to high school with and the dealer took the dealership over from his dad. I don't think it is a half mile away. I can call them tell them what I want for a part if they don't have it they will order it and give me a call. They really don't cut me any breaks on a new saw but they take care of all of my part needs and are happy to do so even if they didn't make the original sale. I am not the first to say this so its kind of like :deadhorse:

buck

buck futter said:
the weight an power are a little less but over here there is a huge difference in price the 5100 is almost half of the 361 in cost. ....
Yes, I know, but here the MS361 and the PS5000 cost about the same - the 346xp cost a lot more, and the 357xp even more - but not much...

Chaisaw priceing isn't allways logical....

Dolmar has to underprice here - an unfortunately marketplace reality for the underdogs, no matter the quality. Dolmar should be very happy that Stihl prices are higher...

Lakeside53 said:
Dolmar has to underprice here - an unfortunately marketplace reality for the underdogs, no matter the quality. Dolmar should be very happy that Stihl prices are higher...
Agree! :cheers:

begleytree said:
5100S, no better saw on the market in the 40-65cc range, imo
Youll find that everyone who owns one, wishes they had 2.
-Ralph

more reading on the 5100
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=36305&highlight=5100

I'd agree. I love mine. I would have never bought it at regular retail, but after I got a deal on it from a nice member here and put some time on it...

I'd buy two more, seriously, at full retail. I want to buy one to put back so when EPA takes over I'll have a spare, and I want another to get modded.

There should be no way that a 50cc saws cuts right beside a 65-70cc saw. I own many saws, and get more impressed with the 5100 every time I run it.

If I were to own one saw under $450 budget, the 5100 would be the choice hands down.

The factory warranty from Dolmar is 1 Year Parts & Labor consumer & commercial use. This covers all models of chainsaws, trimmers, blowers, & cut-off saws.

Steve

Got mine in Feb. and can't say enough good things about it....Awesome saw:blob2:

Got for it. You won't regret it!

Just cut my first two cords of oak with mine today. It went without a hitch. Out ran my buddies well used 346xp. Both he and I were impressed. I am still a rookie, but it was much better than the saws I used before.

Hi - new member here. I have really enjoyed all the information on chainsaws offered by actual users on this site. I have been looking for my first saw for about a month and am convinced that I made a great choice by ordering a Dolmar 5100S today.

Latest posts

Back