Drolet heatpro vs Tundra

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules083

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My Tundra is cracking, same as a lot of them seem to do. I have to email pictures tonight, then will wait to hear back. By the sound of it they’ll probably replace the Tundra with the new model.

Should I be asking about maybe getting a credit to the heatpro? The Tundra was slightly undersized anyways, on cold nights it wouldn’t quite keep up. House is 1900 square feet, 2800 including the basement which is passively heated.

Think they’d even do it?

Thanks.

Dunno, but keep us updated...

I will, thanks.

I checked receipts, and I got my Tundra on clearance for $1399.99. I’m assuming that if I were to push for the credit rather than a replacement they’d only credit me the $1399, which would probably leave me on the hook for another $1400 or so.

I’m sure the bigger one is nicer, but I’m not sure that it’s $1400 nicer. As it is I have a drolet ht2000 upstairs that does an excellent job supplementing the Tundra on cold nights, so I’m not terribly concerned if I don’t get the bigger one.

The other aspect is that $1400 could buy and install a pellet stove, which is an option I’ve considered. Just running that when absolutely necessary shouldn’t use much pellets, plus if I need to go away for a few days in the winter it could keep the house from freezing.

I would think the TII with the plenum on it might outperform the T1 just a bit.

I was wondering that same thing. As a second I’m currently not running a cold air return, but just taking in basement air. Perhaps adding a cold air return from upstairs would be forcing slightly warmer air into the firebox, and let the fan run longer? Basement would likely be cooler but that’s ok.

Yes, hooking up to the return duct would help. The basement would still be getting the radiant heat...which is most of whats heating the basement now.

Yes, hooking up to the return duct would help. The basement would still be getting the radiant heat...which is most of whats heating the basement now.

I think that’ll be my move then. Thanks.

Hopefully I’ll hear something soon. Emailed them yesterday

Back