Dumping costs for trees? long island,ny

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tribalwind

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys'

i'm interested in knowing the lowest and highest prices that arborists etc have to pay for dumping downed residential trees at landfills?
and any variables that are involved...

i want to figure out the total cost to local landscape/arborists for dumping trees.. i guess this would include cutting down to size once felled,chipping,transportation,manhours,tool wear/maintanance and other associated costs incurred...

we're interested in starting up a 'treecycling' operation,milling "rescued" trees and using for craftwork,reselling etc. so ultimately i'm trying to figure out what the realized value will be to the homeowner,as well as to arborists who drop to us rather than to landfills.

any info to these ends would be much appreciated.
thanks!

namaste
matthew fallon
www.tribalwind.com

here in ohio the local dumb charges 35.00 per ton for green matter if that helps a huge silver maple say in the 30" dbh is about 1.5 tons so 50 bucks is a good estimation.

Our local landfill charges $15 per ton for brush and $41 per ton for logs. However the differance of logs vs. brush seems to be up to the weighmaster, which makes it fun trying to figure out what price catagory I fall in each time:angry: I took in a pine today that was 16''dbh that I had blocked down in a yard and I got the $15 price.

Well, if you go to an actual dump, or transfer station they are going to nail you for $100 - $125 per ton. If you go to a recycling center they will ask for roughly $15 per yard.

tribalwind said:
Hey guys'

i'm interested in knowing the lowest and highest prices that arborists etc have to pay for dumping downed residential trees at landfills?
and any variables that are involved...

i want to figure out the total cost to local landscape/arborists for dumping trees.. i guess this would include cutting down to size once felled,chipping,transportation,manhours,tool wear/maintanance and other associated costs incurred...

we're interested in starting up a 'treecycling' operation,milling "rescued" trees and using for craftwork,reselling etc. so ultimately i'm trying to figure out what the realized value will be to the homeowner,as well as to arborists who drop to us rather than to landfills.

any info to these ends would be much appreciated.
thanks!

namaste
matthew fallon
www.tribalwind.com
come to wstchester we got sh*t loads of wood burls etc highest 700.00 lowest, 60 per truck 180 for logs. what do have for rescued trees in the way of equip. ???

Back