Dxf files

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie076

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey dose anyone know where I can find DXF cad files for the felling dogs......looking for them to suit ms461

I doubt you will be able to find those.. Unless there is a designer on here willing to share what he has.

What I would do is find a good picture (not on an angle) and upload it to CAD (copy and paste). You will need to scale the picture, so I would probably use the bolt spacing then trace the dogs with your spline tool.

CAD systems like Fusion360 and Onshape are free for non-commercial use and about as hard to use as MS Paint.

Measure the bolt holes, the physical space you have to fit it in, and how far out you want it to protrude, then draw it out.

Somebody’s sure to have made a science of dog spikes, but you can really make the spikes however you want. This is a common replacement part for a widely available saw, so I’m guessing you’re doing custom anyway.

I’ve had bad experiences with the spline tool, though. It gets output as thousands of tiny lines and curves. Essentially your machine has to cut a ton of little things. Much easier to use a similar arc, and that’s probably what they do from the factory in the design phase anyway.

Latest posts

Back