Dying trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vincent Price

Reaction score
Hello to those that read this. New to the site, so I hope this is the correct place.

We have about 65 Eastern Red Cedars (pretty sure that's what they are) that line one side of our property. Most of which are in varying states of decay. Several of which, we've had to take out already. They start to turn a reddish color and eventually die off.

I'm sure it's too late to rectify this, so my question is what is likely to have caused this? And is it a problem that is specific to these types of trees?

I ask the second question because we have about 90 Arborvitaes that line the other sides of the property, and they are doing ok. As are the other 50 or so different other trees we have around (we have done alot with our little acre of land that used to be a field).

Don't have a digital camera, but some of the trees are in the background of a picture that was taken not long ago. It may or may not be of any help, but can at least give an idea. You can see a little red in the picture, but it's alot worse than it shows from a distance.

Thanks for any information,
Kory

That picture shows a lot of competition with turfgrass--See Proper Mulching in the link below, borrow a digicam and send us a closeup.

Back