Dyna SC 12 Firewood Machine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husqavarna Guy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have one of these firewood processing machines? It looks good. The price seems good for what you get. If not what do you have? Thanks

Guess it depends on how much perfect size wood you can get, and only you can answer what your actual wood supply is.

Like most of these other processors, designed for basically one size trunks, and those better be straight. If you have just scads of those 12-14 inch sized logs, it might pay off.

I could mechanize more here (theoretically and given enough spare change..not likely, just sayin), but have yet to see anything like that , that could actually "process" a normal tree around here, which might be 2-3 foot at the base, then tons of branches of different sizes. Have yet to see any youtube vid of an honest whole tree processor into firewood.

To me, leaving 7/8ths of the tree behind, or just burning it or grinding it up because it isn't perfect sized is sorta wasteful.

I know that is quite common, just I won't do it. I want future generations to be able to enjoy large trees.

If you have a hundred acres young forest, and a good thinning would work, sure. I consider 12 inch trees (oak anyway) to still be babies.

Some other species, where 12 is about as good as it gets, and you have thousands, ya, go for it.

Latest posts

Back