ebay chinese saw (actual cc?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n00b

Reaction score
have been looking to get a new elcheapo. found one that I am not sure what to think of as far as the displacement. according to the photos the side says 62cc and the top says 58cc.

has anyone ever had one of these?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Bar-62C...d=232582714160&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

have also found a very similar saw that advertised 52cc. there was a comment on that one a sticker on the side of the saw said 42cc.

thank you for any help.

We bought one last year for the hired hand, it's a gutless turd. No idea how it still runs, the muffler gets so hot it catches the wood on fire. See the 2 ports on the front, that is where the exhaust comes out, and it's right against the wood.
Huge fire danger if cutting in the dry!

If you are just in need of a cheap throw away saw to stick in the truck or ATV to cut the occasional blow down or hanging limbs, I suppose it would do that.

The company that makes them has dumped a **** ton of this one on ebay. The various stickers of different cc means you could end up with anything from 45-62cc. most likely will end up with one at 45-52cc.

Why not just build a huztl husky 372 instead? Cheap and easy!that eBay one looks just like a 272/268

Whatever the cc is, your throwing away your money. These china saws are purely garbage. You will be far better off buying a used saw of equal value from a member here.

Look at echo chainsaws, good quality, good prices. Cheap Chinese saw won’t last too long. You’ll be starting over in a year or two with a cheap saw spending more in the long run.

The traveling Easton European white van mans chicom saw offerings are either 45 o52 cc's as said you would do better putting your $'s in the pot to wards a known name used pro saw

And the chain is on backwards ha ha. I am sure that is no sign of the quality put into each and every saw....

Just how many times have we seen that in eBay sales? At this point I think China has reinvented the chain.

PS: I've seen saws exactly like that for sale apart from stickers (these read "Stahl" :laugh: ). It was €62 including VAT and shipping. Which is about its value.

Having said what I did in an earlier post It reminded me My neighbour's SIL broke in short order around 3/4 reasonable quality saw in a fit of pique he bought him a chicom saw saying he was fed up with paying out lots of Euro's To date around 18months on the expected heap of crap is still going strong with just a replacement of a crappy quality chain the bottom jaw is getting lower every month & last weekend he cut around 2.5 cubic metres of metre length fire wood into 3 pieces each length of 6"/8" dia defies explnation

thank you all very much, have been informative.

ordered one through a local store they are great about returns from online purchases. really want to get my hands on one and see for myself just didn't want to pay return shipping for ebay purchase. thinking about pulling the muffler off to measure across the top of the piston. pull the plug to measure the stroke and "squish".

would rather get a stihl just cant justify that with how little I would use it. would get a m360 from huztl if they could have kept it under $200 shipped. was at lowes the other day and saw a named brand I was interested in then flipped it around. it only had one tensioner stud, already had one like that and never did like it. already gone with the junk guy after the last time it conked out.

Just how many times have we seen that in eBay sales? At this point I think China has reinvented the chain.

PS: I've seen saws exactly like that for sale apart from stickers (these read "Stahl" :laugh: ). It was €62 including VAT and shipping. Which is about its value.

I wouldn't pay $62 Canadian for that POS.

Latest posts

Back