ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quote:
...new cases, new crank and rod, new piston and cylinder with oem piston wrist pin, bearing and rings, has new oil pump, new chain brake, new flywheel and coil, new carburetor, all new plastics, side covers - chain adjuster and catcher, clutch and oem case bearing and seals - EVERYTHING IS NEW...
And litterally any part on it is a direct replacement with oem stihl...
end of quote

What you get is a saw made of brand new aftermarket parts (most probably from China) except for the wrist pin and crank bearings (those are OEM :cool:). That is basically the deal, I guess.

He has two. One with a few bids already, and the one just listed today. Says they're just as good or better than the ones made in Germany. LOL.

I always list mine as used, even if I spent a few days rebuilding it. Some people may not like my rebuilds but they can't contradict the used part. Problem with me is that when I put new parts in them and get them looking and running good I kinda want to keep them. I have several "keepers" that I'm eventually going to have to sell..

5e0dcc2b5efeb98aa6792a8b4cbf27a9.jpg

Evidently there are probably more 066 and 660 saws on Ebay with Chinese parts than many of the buyers realize. I have seen a number of saws that appear to be built from a majority of Chinese parts. A closer look at these saws with an experienced eye will reveal it. That is not to say that it is not OK to use quality aftermarket parts. The seller must simply abide by Ebay policies and guidelines in the listing process and documentation. The MS660 is a great saw, and still much sought after -- know what you are buying before you pull the trigger.

Latest posts

Back