JPN Tech u-2500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyduke

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purchased one of these 25cc top hand saws recently. and I'm pleasantly surprised by the build quality. I was wondering if anyone has an idea about the lineage. Chineses saws are usually built from old Stihl or Husky dies, but I can't find any saw that looks like one of these. I can usually repair a chinese clone with off-the-shelf parts from Stihl or Husky but I'm scratching my head with this little top handle. I like the simple, old school throttlel/choke controls.

Attachments

• jpntech-sm2.jpg
    11.9 MB · Views: 0
It's a zenoah/redmax g2500 clone. Up until the last 6 years most clone saws other than the stihl 070 and husky 372 clones most were based on zenoah saws g5200, g3800, g2500, and g621

It's a zenoah/redmax g2500 clone. Up until the last 6 years most clone saws other than the stihl 070 and husky 372 clones most were based on zenoah saws g5200, g3800, g2500, and g621
Thanks for the help. I have at least one redmax in my herd. Tne saw I just bought is my second of this type. I don't climb anymore, advanced age has limited that. But, I do use a top handle when 72ccs is more than I need. I cut a small truck load of Siberian elm today to break in the new saw and it performed well.

Thanks for the info thanks for the info, I know that when husky bought zenoah , it was only for their patents. They didn't want to make the saws, and the Chinese jumped on it.

Like said Zenoah was OEM and they made Husky a copy back in day. So you can use their IPL and manual etc for parts.

6.5lb clone PHO. Had one till local talked me out of it.

Attachments

• z2500.jpg
    z2500.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 0
  • h425t.jpg
    h425t.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
  • jc2500.jpg
    jc2500.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 0
RCP, I remember back in the late 70's to early 80's Redmax made a top handle the was sought after by climbers. I never encountered one. I don't think the dealers in the SFO bay area carried them. There was a Poulan reed-valve and the original Stihl T20 (piston ported). I preferred the Echo 3400 also a reed-valve but solid, reliable and well balanced. Husky made a top handle too but with a front mounted carb, the balance was front heavy and would mess up your right wrist.

I just got the new saw last week. I wasn't expecting much but I was surprised by its quality. It's very well built. The plastic is very good. Filled it with mix and bar oil and it started in two pulls. Tuning the carb was easy, took a few seconds. I live at 6000 feet. It has abundant power. You wouldn't think it was 25ccs. Only complaint, The 12" bar is a tad heavier than I'm used to.

Back