echo 3510 users and owners. Rim sprocket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I love my 3510 for small stuff! Does any one know if it will work to put a 352 clutch drum with rim sprocket on it? I'm looking for answers from someone who has tried to do this. Thanks
I put an after market Rim drum on my car 352. Somewhere on this site there is information including part numbers. Yes it's working great. My CS 590 also has a rim drive. I will NOT run spur gears on my gas saws. That seems like a design flaw to me. Junk as far as I am concerned. Good luck.

I put an after market Rim drum on my car 352. Somewhere on this site there is information including part numbers. Yes it's working great. My CS 590 also has a rim drive. I will NOT run spur gears on my gas saws. That seems like a design flaw to me. Junk as far as I am concerned. Good luck.
Can you get a rim sprocket in 6 tooth. A 310 or 352 will not run a 3/8 lp 7 tooth good unless really small wood Steve

The 352 is an inboard clutch, the 3510 is an outboard clutch and any splined drum would have to drive the oiler which is two nubs that fit in-between sprocket teeth, or an oiler drive that matches the replacement drum's end. I got my 361P running a rim drive but it must have been for earlier when oil was pumped at idle and just claimed to work. It took some modifying of the drum, rim. a 10 thousands shim, and a few ruined oiler drives to get it to last.

If you want to run 3/8lp on a rim get a Stihl. I am using 9 tooth 1/4 inch pitch and the Oregon 25ap cuts a bit thinner slot than 3/8lp. Or can run .325 nk. Those 6 tooth spur sprockets are pretty inexpensive if you can keep from throwing the chain and banging up a bunch of drivers.

Like Steve said, I doubt it will pull 7 teeth. Like Franny mentioned, Stihl has the only 3/8 lp rim and it's mini bore. I have a recent post where I made it work on my cs-400. The spur tore up my chain on the 1st tank and it had to go.

Can you get a rim sprocket in 6 tooth. A 310 or 352 will not run a 3/8 lp 7 tooth good unless really small wood Steve

Probably not BUT my 352 never looks back..I don't run it in BIG wood. anything over the size of a coffee can 6 inches I use my 490. Over 14 inches the Sthil 029 over 20 inches the Echo 590 kicks butt.. I never ever run my Sthil 026 because my cs 490 stock keeps up with it. Starts easier, runs like a spotted Cat and is lighter by a little bit. PLUS,, I can get bars and chains for it..I don't like the idea that Sthil requires Sthil bars and chains. I DO understand the Thicker Chains (.68 if I remember correctly) vs .50 but for what I do it's all good.. 590 at work.. I'm 75 but have not aged since 70 LOL. Please over look the ONE hand on the saw. I had STOPPED the saw to see if the bar tip was to near the trailer bed. I KNOW it's unsafe to cut using only one hand BUT..Maybe I goosed it. I see chips. My bad.... Notice I DO have my chaps, steel toe boots face hard had and ear protection. I am a SAFE operator.. My brother send this photo and scolded me. Ha. Ha. He's just a kid. 73.. Can't take the country out of the Country boy. LOL..

Attachments

• 4635294480715892590.jpg
    4635294480715892590.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 889474571656268758.jpg
    889474571656268758.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back