Echo 400 vs Echo 450

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob gresko

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Is there much difference between the Echo 400 and the Echo 450? Is one a homeowner saw and the other a professional saw? Are they good firewood saws for cutting standing dead oak max diameter 20"-24"?

Thanks

How big of a bar are you wanting to use? I have a CS520, great saw, I really like it. I have a 20 inch bar on it and IMO that's about it's limit. My 330 has a 14". I have had no trouble with my Echo saws, very dependable machines. Sounds like you have some pretty tough cutting ahead of you, may want to think about a little larger saw.

i have had both...the cs 400 is a great saw but is maxed out with the 18" bar i think... that said the cs450p is the other one i have and it does a better job with a 20" bar not much difference in weight... they make 2 different 450's you have a cs 450 and a cs450p about a $60.oo difference....i sold my 400 due to having 2 370's i like them better with the smaller bars for limbing...
now i got that out of the way i would go for the 450p my self...you will like it better then the 400 i think...just my opinion..you could always get a local dealer to let you demo both on site maybe... just load a log in the truck and take it to there shop....if they are going to definitely make a sale,most would let you try them out first....at least around here anyway....

Latest posts

Back